We are looking to recruit motivated and ambitious field Ecologists fill a variety of roles within our well established ecological team based in Cardiff, South Wales. We require dedicated and enthusiastic ecologists to provide a key role in carrying out a range of ecological surveys for a variety of projects across the UK and supporting senior ecologists. The successful candidates will have a strong aptitude for hard work, excellent communication and be willing to develop their skills and abilities within this busy team.
In this exciting role you will:
Undertake desk studies to identify ecological information for sites.
Assist with, and lead if appropriate, field surveys and mitigation including those of protected species in line with best practice standards.
Compile, analyse, evaluate and interpret survey data.
Prepare technical reports including Preliminary Ecological Appraisals, protected species and BREEAM reports.
Assist with mitigation reports, management plans and Ecological Impact Assessments.
As the successful candidate you will:
- Hold a degree in ecology or a related discipline.
- Have at least 0.5-2 years experience of ecological work.
- Have membership for membership to CIEEM.
- Have a basic to good knowledge of survey and assessment of UK habitats and notable / protected species, and a willingness to develop new skills.
- Have a basic to good understanding of relevant UK and EU Nature Conservation legislation and planning process.
- Experience of undertaking protected species surveys, such as bats, birds, great crested newts, reptiles and badger.
- Holder of at least one Natural England / Natural Resources Wales protected species licence preferable but not essential.
- Able to work effectively alone and as part of a team, learning and sharing expertise.
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work to meet demands at peak times. As the role is likely to involve occasional longer and / or unsociable hours, a willingness to undertaken moderate (significant at times) travel to sites within the UK, sometimes staying locally for several days is essential.
- As we work throughout the UK, a full driving licence and use of own vehicle is essential
We offer excellent career prospects in a supportive working environment with no restrictions on how far you can progress. Salary will be consistent with your skills and experience coupled with an attractive benefits package.
For full details, please see https://www.ecologyjobs.co.uk/job/wardell-armstrong-35-ecologist/