Join the DAKTARI Team for 6-12 months!
What is DAKTARI?
DAKTARI Bush School & Wildlife Orphanage works in the South African bush to educate local children about the environment and ignite their passion for wildlife. Each week, DAKTARI welcomes eight new students to our camp to attend lessons, do activities, and interact with the animals in our wildlife orphanage. The wildlife orphanage is home to more than 80 animals that are unable to survive in the bush. They live out their lives at DAKTARI, acting as animal ambassadors to the children. DAKTARI also has an outreach program that extends our work into the local villages. We host weekly Eco Clubs at the local secondary schools as well as running a job-hunting program and community development projects.
DAKTARI is looking for someone who is eager to tell our story to the world, someone who loves to wordsmith, and someone with an eye for graphic design. The marketing manager is the voice of DAKTARI and we are looking for someone excited to take on the challenge of describing our work to a big and variable audience in a fun and engaging way.
Part of your role is tell everyone what is happening at DAKTARI every day. That means you have a front-row seat to all of the exciting things happening at the camp!
Your job will include:
- Managing DAKTARI’s accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, including posting content daily
- Writing and sending DAKTARI’s monthly newsletter and other campaign emails
- Managing DAKTARI’s partnership with GlobalGiving including: Updating project pages when necessary, completing quarterly project reports, thanking donors by email and strategically planning and executing fundraising campaigns
- Creating media and marketing content for DAKTARI including brochures, merchandise, photos, and videos
- Maintaining DAKTARI’s brand across all promotional materials and enforcing its use throughout the organisation
- Updating and improving DAKTARI’s website
- You must speak, read and write English fluently to be considered
- You must be comfortable working with Mac computers
- You must be able to meet deadlines and manage your time well
- You must have strong writing skills
- Previous marketing or communications experience is strongly preferred
- Experience with Adobe software is strongly preferred, specifically Photoshop and/or Fireworks
- Photography experience and/or experience making videos a huge plus
Although this position is unpaid you will receive three delicious meals a day prepared by our experienced kitchen staff and your own room in our rustic but comfortable camp. You will have access to wifi through your work computer and will receive free wifi on another device. Saturday and Sundays are your days off and every eight weeks you get a week off to explore what South Africa has to offer!
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com