This listing has expired.
- Contract: Paid, full time, fixed-term contract (19 months back-fill for staff secondment)
- Location: Office based in Eggleston, Co. Durham
- Salary: £25 – 31k, dependent on experience
- Benefits: 10% employer contribution to pension
Our Upper Teesdale office situated in the North Pennines of northern England is a base for research and monitoring of many aspects on upland ecology, with the primary focus being the conservation and management of upland gamebirds, waders, moorland raptors and their breeding habitats. Currently the Trust employs eight staff and students based from our offices in the grounds of Eggleston Hall near Barnard Castle.
This is an opportunity to work within a small team of conservation biologists dedicated to wildlife management and habitat restoration within the English uplands. The post-holder will assist in delivering a varied programme of work that will include studies of population dynamics and habitat use amongst moorland birds, including black grouse and breeding waders and developing studies on key groups of invertebrate chick foods in relation to land management practices. We seek a highly motivated and enthusiastic person to work alongside existing staff, moorland managers and upland farmers to not only help run current projects, but to also contribute to the development of a range of new initiatives.
The position has a strong field element, especially during the period March to August and there is an expectation that candidates will be able to conduct field tasks often unsupervised in sometimes difficult field conditions and terrain. Training will be provided in all field survey methods.
- Track record in ornithological or entomological research ideally to postdoctoral level with
- Experience in developing research proposals and report writing
- Excellent communication skills amongst land-owner and farmer groups
- Good level of fitness for outdoor fieldwork activities
A job description containing further details can be found at www.gwct.org.uk/about/careers/
Please submit your covering letter and CV by email to David Baines, Director of Upland Research email@example.com Closing date for applications: Friday, 22nd October 2021