This listing has expired.
Western EcoSystems Technology, Inc. (WEST), a dynamic medium size consulting firm with offices across the United States, is looking for a Bat Biologist/Field Coordinator in our Cheyenne, WY office. Since 1990, WEST has grown to be one of the premier environmental and statistical consulting firms in the United States. WEST has a permanent core of professionals with broad experience in basic and applied ecological studies and the sophisticated analysis of natural resource data. This unique blend of disciplines and our years of experience in both areas allow us to provide original solutions to a wide range of natural resource issues from inventory to permitting to risk assessment to basic research. WEST provides consulting services to government, industry and other organizations.
WEST has numerous projects underway and continuing to grow and expand within the renewable markets. WEST is seeking self-motivated candidates who possess the following:
- Experience with western bat species, preferably in qualitative acoustic identification of western bats
- Experience using acoustic analysis software (i.e. Kaleidoscope, Analook, SonoBat)
- Experience with both deploying and troubleshooting bat acoustic equipment
- Familiar with state or federal permitting processes especially in relation to bat surveys preferred but not required
- Experienced in technical writing and managing field work for multiple projects
- Ability to effectively train, lead and supervise field personnel
- This position will primarily be office based but may require travel to field locations throughout the year and candidates must be comfortable and willing to work in various (extreme) weather conditions and terrains and have a passion for the outdoors.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in biological studies, natural resources, wildlife management, wildlife biology, rangeland sciences or equivalent.
- Bat experience, preferably western species, in acoustic identification or live capture
- Wildlife biology technical knowledge
- Strong, competent writing skills with the ability to pay close attention to detail and accurately report the scientific methods and results of field studies
- Must be able to maintain equipment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Good time management, project management and organizational skills with the ability to work well under time constraints and meet deliverable targets and deadlines
- A track record of maintaining positive relationships with coworkers, clients or stakeholders
- Ability to follow instructions from managers and accept guidance and constructive criticism
- Ability to effectively supervise others
- Ability and willingness to travel