This listing has expired.
The Program Coordinator works directly with the Main Hawaiian Islands Regional Program Director to implement CORAL’s ambitious five-year strategic plan. She/he/they assists with program planning, outreach, and logistical support, as well as tracking budgets for the implementation of deliverables outlined in project and grant work plans. The position requires fieldwork, administrative work, and supporting the creation of new partnerships, alliances and policy work to advance CORAL’s goals and project objectives.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, has strong partnership-building abilities, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. She/he/they will have a willingness to learn new skills and approach tasks with enthusiasm. Background knowledge in sanitation, wastewater, or community-driven projects is helpful but not required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinating programmatic activities: (50%)
- Develop individual work plans to meet grant and project goals and deliverables
- Coordinate volunteers, partners and logistics for day-to-day implementation of projects, ensuring that program objectives and project deliverables are completed successfully, on-time and within budget. Project activities include but are not limited to education and outreach, training volunteers, conducting educational presentations to the public or partners, and conducting restoration work in the field
- Track and manage project information such as ecological monitoring data, information about restoration sites, participation of volunteers, in-kind contributions by partners, etc.
- Provide guidance to volunteers, interns and external partners
- Assist in developing and tracking project budgets
Building partnerships and coordinating outreach events: (25%)
- Establish and maintain partnerships and strategic alliances with community groups, government agencies, local and international NGOs and other partners to enable execution of CORAL’s conservation initiatives
- Identify outreach and educational opportunities that can help CORAL to achieve our programmatic goals and evaluate which opportunities to invest in
- Coordinate and participate in outreach events that advance program objectives
Writing proposals, educational resources, and reports: (25%)
- Assist with development of communication materials that support program objectives
- Assist in identifying funding opportunities and developing funding proposals and reports
The Program Coordinator will also assist with various administrative functions as needed.
The Program Coordinator is expected to possess the necessary knowledge and skills to manage day-to- day activities and work effectively across multiple cultures and contexts to achieve coral reef conservation goals. The minimum required qualifications for this position include:
- BA/BS degree in a relevant field
- At least two years of relevant experience at a professional organization
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills; ability to efficiently manage multiple and diverse projects simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with audiences from a variety of disciplines, cultures, and backgrounds
- Excellent collaboration skills and cross-cultural sensitivity, with ability to work with individuals in other countries and across organizations; experience working internationally and with coalitions and diverse and matrixed teams preferred
- Demonstrated experience in desk-based research skills (e.g., synthesizing existing documents, preparing written reports, etc.)
- Prior experience tracking budgets across multiple grants and projects