This listing has expired.
- Job Title: Habitat Creation & Restoration Ecologist – Unique Opportunity
- Area – Home Working – Midlands & Southern UK
- REF – JSM 12185C
- Salary – £24K – £28K + Significant Benefits
- Closing Date – 8th March 2022
Position yourself at the forefront of Biodiversity Net Gain & Habitat Creation
Consultant Level Ecologist required to join Environment Bank.
Can you see yourself at the cutting edge of Biodiversity Net Gain and Habitat Creation? If so, we have an unmissable opportunity to join the firm pioneering the UK’s most innovative approach to Habitat Creation and Nature Recovery.
After a phenomenally successful 2021, Environment Bank are seeking to attract high-calibre talent to contribute and deliver their ongoing growth strategy.
We have 2 roles available, one covering the Midlands region, and one for the Southern region for a Consultant Level Ecologist
Environment Bank are working on a truly unique business programme that will change the industry forever. Back in 2007, they brought the concept of biodiversity offsetting and net gain through development to the UK. After the passing of the 2021 Environment Bill, and the acquisition of significant funding, Environment Bank is about to roll out one of the most exciting and ambitious business plans the sector has seen.
Environment Bank continue to pursue important and urgent objectives for our environment. These roles rarely arise and provide an exciting, unmatchable next step in an Ecologist’s career.
About the Role
We are looking for 2 highly passionate, motivated and versatile ecologists to join the growing team.
The role will be hugely varied and interesting and will involve a variety of site and home-based work.
Importantly, the role will see you working a much more manageable week than a typical ecologist. No more excessive hours, with plenty of scope to work to a pattern that suits your personal life.
Suitable Applicants will have the Following
- A minimum of 2 year’s relevant industry experience, either from Consultancy, Regulator, NGO or Local Authority background
- Passion for the environment and determination to make a real difference in the world
- Ability to carry out ecological surveys
- Interest and experience in botanical serving
- Innovative, freethinking, determined and ambitious
- Understanding Of Biodiversity Net Gain Policy and The Biodiversity Metrics
- Fieldwork experience
- Desk studies
- GIS Experience
- Report Writing
- Full Driving License
Staff will be provided with a laptop and phone, as well as all work-related travel paid for.
This will be a highly varied role that will see you taking on a multitude of responsibilities;
- Undertaking fieldwork, including site surveys and monitoring
- Participation in habitat creation projects
- Liaison with various stakeholders including developers, local authorities, landowners, environmental NGO’s
- Contributing to Biodiversity Net Gain Assessments and Calculations
- Contributing to Habitat Management Plans
- Report writing
- Undertaking desk-based research
- And much MUCH more
These will be regional roles, supported by locally based senior staff. You will enjoy significant homeworking along with regular site visits around the region, as well as occasional trips to Head Office in York.
A full, valid Driver’s licence is essential.
Rewards & Benefits
Environment Bank offers a highly competitive salary along with a full range of benefits. There will also be significant scope for rapid career progression, with ongoing training and support provided.
Even if you are cautiously looking, we would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about this incredible opportunity with our recruitment partner JSM Associates.
Phone – 01934 312 155
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.jsm-associates.co.uk