This listing has expired.
ADAS is seeking a Senior Ecology Project Manager to join our team based in the South East. The role is a permanent, flexible, home working position.
Our Ecology business comprises a highly skilled team focused on providing services to a wide range of clients, particularly developers, utility companies and the renewable energy and rural industries.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining ADAS, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track. We also want to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
- Manage a portfolio of ecology contracts, primarily for the civil engineering company framework projects in the South East
- Quote and tender production plus budget management
- Site visits for ecological surveys where required for the smooth running of the project
- Communicating with our clients and providing solid technical advice
- Working as a team with our ecologists to ensure quality projects are delivered on time
- Writing technical reports including but not limited to, Preliminary Ecological Appraisals, Ecological Impact Assessments, Mitigation Strategies and Biodiversity Management Plans.
- Technical review of reports
- Relevant experience in a similar role including project management experience in the management of complex projects
- Graduate level education in a relevant subject
- Associate Level CIEEM membership or above
- An in-depth knowledge of ecology, legislation, and survey techniques, including Natural England Licensing
- Excellent written communication skills and be able to produce accurate technical reports.
- A pro-active attitude to managing your own time, finding solutions and ensuring work is delivered on time and to the required standards
- A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle
- One protected species licence (Great Crested Newt, Hazel Dormouse or bats) (desirable)
Salary and Benefits
- £30,000 – £37,000 per annum, depending on experience
- Life assurance
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, health cash plan and discounted gym membership
Now is an excellent time to join ADAS if you want to work as part of a friendly, flexible and committed team and you can bring us your individual talent and a pro-active, can-do attitude!
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
More detailed job description attached
Working alongside landowners, farmers, and growers since 1946, we have been providing ideas, specialist knowledge, and solutions to secure our food and enhance the environment for over 75 years.
Our aim is to help address the challenges and opportunities faced by organisations working in food production and the natural environment, and we continue to thrive by attracting innovative thinkers into our workforce.
We currently have over 400 employees delivering solutions in 60 specialist subjects, making us the UK’s largest independent provider of agricultural and environmental consultancy, rural development services, research and development, and policy advice. Whether you want to work on national or international projects, we can provide a varied career in a wide array of industries and public sector services.
ADAS is part of the RSK Group, a leading integrated environmental, engineering, and technical services business providing dynamic, multidisciplinary services to a wide range of sectors. RSK was founded in 1989 and has grown considerably since then. In fact, Environment Analyst recently highlighted RSK’s growth commenting, “Few companies in the environmental services sector can claim to be expanding at the same pace as RSK.” Today, RSK Group consists of over 120 businesses and employs over 7,000 specialists. The group is headquartered in the United Kingdom and has an established presence in more than 40 countries around the world.
An RSK Company
- Life Assurance
- Annual Leave Purchase
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Mental Health Support
- Electric Vehicle Salary Sacrifice Scheme