This listing has expired.
Thomson environmental consultants: The independent, employee-owned consultancy, chosen by successful clients, admired by competitors, and the place to work preferred by top specialists.
With offices across the UK, our experts are committed to delivering our clients exceptional outcomes across a range of environmental services and ecological contracting.
We aim to be the most innovative, pragmatic and fast-growing environmental consultancy in the UK.
Our services include but are not limited to: terrestrial ecology, freshwater ecology, marine ecology, habitat management, arboricultural services, geospatial and data management, environmental impact assessments.
Our people make us who we are; we are commercial but not corporate, guided by our values of Respect, Integrity, Support and Excellence. Career growth and development is highly valued at Thomson, and we nurture talent, leading to rapid career-progression opportunities. Our people benefit from access to a diverse range of industry-accredited external trainings, as well as in-house training opportunities led by our specialists. The variety of projects we deliver across the breadth of environmental services encourages cross-team working and collaboration.
We are looking for a full time, permanent Project Manager based from either our Guildford or Kenilworth offices working for the Habitats team. You will have experience of managing and delivering various sized complex projects on time and to the satisfaction of our clients. You will be responsible for resourcing and line managing a site team whilst promoting compliance with all company systems and policies. Ideally, you will have experience of working in landscaping, ecological contracting, countryside management or a similar field, with the ability to contribute to the bid and tendering process. You will need to be based within an hours commute to either of the aforementioned offices.
While working for Habitats you will be given the opportunity to work on small to large scale mitigation projects around highways, cable routes, housing, airports, rail and many others. Every project we undertake is unique.
We promote a happy, friendly workplace and are guided by the company’s core values of Respect, Integrity, Support and Excellence. We provide fantastic on-the-job training, opportunities for progression and a range of company benefits including 25 days annual leave, a stakeholder pension scheme, Employees Ownership Trust (after 1 years service) discounted gym membership, free parking and regular social events!
- be commercial with relevant project management experience, ideally gained within the landscape / environmental / habitat management / ecological sector
- be organised with experience of managing large, complex projects
- be financially adept with the ability to manage and deliver projects on time and to budget
- have experience of leading and motivating a team of both site and office based staff
- have experience of developing strong relationships with new and existing clients to generate additional business opportunities and assist with bid and tender submissions.
- have excellent written communication skills and experience of Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- have an understanding of H&S legislation
- be capable of working under pressure with the ability to meet deadlines
- have a positive outlook and a strong desire to succeed
- have a full UK driving licence and use of a car.
As an Employee Owned Trust (EOT) our collective efforts generate results that translate into greater rewards for everyone. You’ll enjoy all the benefits we have to offer, including EOT approved bonuses (after a qualifying period), the opportunity to contribute to and lead on high-profile, once in a life-time projects, 25 days annual leave, progression opportunities and regular social events.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
As an equal opportunities employer, Thomson is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Thomson.