UK workshop announced! Conservation Career Starter – Sept 18
When & Where
This special four-day course is being run from 14th-17th September, 2018 inclusive, at Preston Montford Field Centre, Shropshire, SY4 1DX.
Overview: The Conservation Career Starter
With wildlife in crisis all around the world and numbers of threatened species at an all-time high, the natural world needs your help.
The good news is there are a growing number of jobs available in conservation – it’s become a professional industry requiring a diverse and growing range of skill sets. The bad news is it’s more competitive than ever before, with 92% of conservationists confirming that it’s become tougher to get a job in the last decade alone.
This four-day Conservation Career Starter workshop has been designed to increase your chances of success and is being specially organised and run by WildTeam UK and Conservation Careers.
Element ONE – In the PMWC course you will learn how to set up and run your own conservation project by:
- Creating a conservation strategy that is easy to communicate, monitor, adapt and report against
- Applying principles that keep your project on track with more impact
- Assigning roles to your team to promote clear decision making
- Breaking down a project into manageable phases
- Dealing with risks, issues and lessons learned
- Using standardised templates to help plan, monitor and report on your project work.
Element TWO – With Conservation Careers, you will learn how to launch your career by:
- Develop your personal career compass, to guide you on your conservation job hunt
- Get a detailed understanding of the conservation job market, and identify when to focus your applications
- Learn how to successfully apply for a conservation job
- Understand how to deliver a great interview.
Who is the course designed for?
- The course is designed for early career conservationists. This includes under-graduates, graduates (inc. Masters and PhD students), along with people looking to switch into conservation from a different sector
- It will improve your CV and help to focus your conservation job hunt
- The four-day course is open to conservation professionals and students
- There will be plenty of time to network and meet like-minded people.
Preston Montford Field Centre just a stone’s throw away from the Shropshire Hill Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and the historical town of Shrewsbury, birth place of Charles Darwin.
8 Early bird places
- £339.00 (Course only)
- £479.00 (Shared accommodation)
- £519.00 (Single accommodation)
- £400.00 (Course only)
- £540.00 (Shared accommodation)
- £580.00 (Single accommodation)
- Course fee includes PMWC exams worth £100
- A years Lion membership to Conservation Careers worth £45
- Accommodation costs include breakfast, cold lunch, cooked dinner, drinks throughout the day and cake in the afternoon
Course only option (no accommodation) includes cold lunch, drinks throughout the day and cake in the afternoon. Bedding and towels are included.
“The PMWC is a great method of understanding how to be a Project Manager and understand the components of how to maximise the difference a project makes to conservation.” Hannah Waters. Education Ranger, Twycross Zoo
How to register?
How to find out more?
For more information please contact [email protected]