£180 per course
Gain skills to help increase the impact and efficiency of any conservation project.
20% discount for Conservation Careers members available.
About WildTeam UK: WildTeam UK is a not-for-profit charity which designs and delivers training in key skills that help conservationists to increase their impact.
What is this workshop? An online training workshop, run over 6 weeks, with weekly live teaching sessions and pre-recorded training videos to work from in your own time.
Using up-to-date video communications software, we do everything we can to recreate the best of the interactive classroom environment, while offering you the flexibility to learn when and where you want.
What will you learn? Working with our highly qualified and experienced team, you will learn how to manage conservation projects of any type or size, by:
- Applying a set of practical and ethical principles to guide your project
- Assigning roles to clarify team structure and decision-making, and improve internal communication and coordination
- Splitting projects into clear phases, to manage a project from start to finish
- Using control processes to monitor the progress of your work and adapt to new information and changing conditions
- Establishing administrative processes to help conduct effective internal meetings and develop high-quality project documents
- Standardising reporting to record, evaluate and share the impact of your work, both internally and externally.
Why do this workshop?
- Increase the efficiency and impact of any conservation project
- Acquire a qualification in conservation project management
- Get expert training and support from our team via email, Zoom and WildHub
- Have the flexibility to learn when and where you want.
Where: Anywhere (online)
When: 7th September – 12th October (3 hours learning each week)
2 live sessions available each week, to fit with your schedule:
10am or 6pm [BST]
How much: £180 (standard rate: bursaries available. See here for details)
20% discount for Conservation Careers members
See the online training page of our website for more details.
“After 10 years of managing a project, this is the first time I’ve actually been trained in it. I found it very useful to actually get some principles and processes for how you should best manage a project, rather than just learning as you go, and often being very inefficient.”
Dr Amy Dickman, WildCRU (University of Oxford) and Director of Ruaha Carnivore Project, Tanzania
“I genuinely LOVED the format of the online training sessions. It felt like being part of a classroom again!”
Reetika Maheshwary, Veterinarian, Wildlife Protection Society of India
“The PMWC approach and documents have already helped our project start to organise its long-term goals in a manageable, easy to use system.”
Antonia Leckie, Conservation Biologist, Lion Landscapes
“The PMWC approach is a tailored way to develop and implement conservation projects, which I am intending to use extensively in my future work.”
Mariana Carvalho, Project Leader, BirdLife International
“It was a great value for our organization and for my professional career. I strongly encourage future young conservationists to take this course”.
Sergio Cumbula, Project manager, Lupa, Mozambique