£180 per course
Learn skills to design conservation projects which have more impact.
20% discount for Conservation Careers members available.
About WildTeam UK: WildTeam UK is a not-for-profit charity which designs and delivers training in key skills that help conservationists to increase their impact.
What is this workshop? An online training workshop, run over 6 weeks, with weekly live teaching sessions and pre-recorded training videos to work from in your own time.
Using up-to-date video communications software, we do everything we can to recreate the best of the interactive classroom environment, while offering you the flexibility to learn when and where you want.
What will you learn?
In this workshop you will be guided through each step in designing an effective and comprehensive strategy for achieving your conservation goals. You will learn how to:
- Engage stakeholders: ensure that the right groups are involved in developing your strategy
- Conduct a situation analysis: understand the full range of issues to consider when developing your strategy
- Define your goals: clearly establish what your project wants to achieve
- Develop a work plan: plan the actions required to achieve your goals
- Set your monitoring approach: document how you will measure progress towards achieving the desired impact
- Adapt your strategy: develop the right strategy for your needs and situation.
Why do this workshop?
- Increase the efficiency and impact of any conservation project
- Acquire a qualification in conservation strategy development
- Get expert training and support from our team via email, Zoom and WildHub
- Have the flexibility to learn when and where you want.
Where: Anywhere (online)
When: 26th October – 30th November (3 hours learning each week)
2 live sessions available each week, to fit with your schedule:
10am or 6pm GMT
How much: £180 (standard rate: bursaries available. See here for details)
20% discount for Conservation Careers members
See the online training page of our website for more details.
“I find the SDWC approach really user-friendly. The training has given me the skills and confidence to embark on strategy development for wildlife conservation of any sized project.”
Nikki Tagg, Born Free Foundation
“Learning this way of structuring the strategy development will help me break down my work plans into more manageable tasks.”
Alexa Piggott, Research Assistant, Oregon State University
“Very relevant for running a conservation project. The mix of personal study and online group sessions made the courses very flexible, productive and enjoyable. Would thoroughly recommend!”
Rachel Cripps, Red Squirrel Field Officer, Lancashire Wildlife Trust
“Having been researching various methods for strategy development, I was excited to come across the SDWC course – I wasn’t disappointed. There was a great balance between theory and the opportunity to apply what you were learning to real-world examples (including our own projects). I have already started thinking about how to use SDWC processes in my work.”
Heather Gurd, Social Impact Manager, Marwell Zoo