£398 per course
Start your career in conservation and boost your CV
- When: 10th – 13th September 2020 inclusive. 9am-6pm each day.
- Where: Preston Montford Field Centre, Shropshire, SY4 1DX.
- Who: Students, job-seekers, career switchers, career explorers.
Overview: The Conservation Career-Starter
Give your conservation career a huge boost with a special four-day residential training course designed to increase your chances of employment within the competitive conservation sector.
Get your career on track with the Conservation Careers Kick-starter designed to help you understand the job market, to navigate your career options, and to get hired more quickly. You’ll leave with a personal career plan which will get your career on track.
In addition, stand out from the crowd and get certified in Project Management for Wildlife Conservation from the experts at WildTeam UK.
This is a co-run workshop, with Conservation Careers and WildTeam each delivering 50% of the training.
With Conservation Careers, you will …
Develop a personal career plan to guide you on your conservation job hunt and make you super-competitive. This includes:
- Getting a detailed understanding of the conservation job market and working through a series of tasks designed to help you identify the right job for you.
- Identifying the education, knowledge and experience you need for your chosen job, and how to fill any gaps quickly.
- Learning how to successfully apply for a conservation job, including how to write the perfect cover letter and CV.
- Understanding how to deliver a great interview which will get you hired (and how to keep your nerves in check…).
With WildTeam UK, you will …
Learn the project management skills to run your own conservation projects, whatever the type or size – a much sought-after skill by employers across the sector. This includes how to:
- Apply a set of practical and ethical principles to guide your project.
- Assign roles to clarify team structure and decision-making, and improve internal communication and coordination.
- Split projects into clear phases to manage a project from start to finish.
- Apply control processes to monitor the progress of your work and adapt to new information and changing conditions.
- Implement administrative processes to make the best use of staff time in meetings, and improve the quality of internal documents, donor reports and technical deliverables.
- Standardise reporting to record, evaluate and share the impact of your work, both internally and externally.