This listing has expired.
Cain Bio-Engineering is an established specialist in the delivery of river restoration, pond/lake enhancement and environmentally friendly erosion control projects for a wide range of private and public sector clients including the Environment Agency, Utilities, Councils and NGO’s.
Based in the picturesque rural Avon valley on the edge of the New Forest National Park, we are seeking a Site Technician to assist with our busy programme of aquatic habitat restoration and erosion control projects in rivers, tidal channels, estuaries, canals and lakes. The work is interesting and varied, ranging from chalk stream habitat restoration to creation of weir bypass channels, pond enhancements, earth dam repairs and erosion control in rivers and inter-tidal channels. Ongoing training will be provided for professional development in a supervised and safe working environment, including the operation of heavy plant and machinery.
This is a full-time permanent post. The Company operates nationally, with a higher proportion of projects in Southern and the Midlands regions of England. When working on projects further than 1 hour drive from our base, you will be required to stay away 4 nights a week (accommodation and subsistence benefits provided). Approximately half of our projects require staying away from home.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
Reports directly to Site Supervisor / Site Manager.
SCOPE OF JOB
Involves outdoor working throughout the year including:
- Working in waders / life jackets and Personal Protective Equipment;
- Bank protection installations using hydraulic post drivers;
- Tree surgery, chainsaws & power tools (following training as required).
- Operation of heavy plant and machinery (following training as required)
- Undertaking construction site roles.
- Working around protected species and within designated and sensitive wildlife sites.
EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENTS
- Valid CSCS Card beneficial
- Physically fit and energetic with enthusiasm for aquatic conservation.
- Previous labouring/physical work experience required
- Interest and/or experience in environmental or fishery/aquatic habitats.
- Swimming ability essential
- Full driving licence essential
- Good positive attitude
- Ability to work either in a team or unsupervised; self-motivated
- Good interpersonal, communication & organisational skills
- Willingness to stay away Monday – Friday when required
Preference may be given to applicants with any of the following:
- CITB, SMSTS or SSSTS
- CPCS or NPORS for tracked 360 excavator and wheeled / tracked dumpers
- Chainsaw NPTC CS30/31
- First Aid
Salary: dependent upon skills and experience, on an individual basis.
Benefits: Pension & Health Scheme upon completion of probationary period.
Please email a CV and covering letter to: [email protected], or by post to Cain Bio-Engineering Ltd, The Old Dairy, Woodgreen Road, Breamore, Fordingbridge, Hampshire. SP6 2AB.
CLOSING DATE for applications will be Friday 5th July 2019.
Early applications are encouraged as we may appoint before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
APPOINTMENT TO POST: Immediate.
In line with GDPR regulations, we are making you aware that to proceed with your application we will need to contact you via email, telephone and/or text message. Due to the high number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every candidate individually.
“We are an equal opportunities employer”
Cain Bio-Engineering Ltd. The Old Diary, Station Approach, Breamore, Hampshire, SP6 2AB
t: 01725 467003 e: [email protected] w: cainbioengineering.co.uk
Registered in England