We are seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic and focused Assistant Ecologist to join our Natural Environment team.
Currently this position will be for a fixed 5 month term with opportunity for extension depending upon both business need and your ability. There is potential for the right candidate to progress through the company, supported by CPD.
We operate flexible working whereby office work can be done either at home or in our office in near Cambridge. Your site work focus will be in the East and South East of England, working with members of the team
The agb Environmental team is relaxed, but highly productive and enthusiastic. There is a strong sense of team spirit and a real desire to get the job done.
Background to agb Environmental
agb Environmental Ltd is fast growth environmental and engineering consultancy. We have grown significantly and consistently since establishment, and are looking to exploit our industry knowledge, reputation and experience to continue along a strong growth trajectory.
We offer a wide range of environmental and engineering services including geo-environmental, geotechnical, ecology, arboriculture and flood risk.
Based from our offices in near Cambridge, we serve the East and South East of England, the East Midlands and London. We have a wide range of clients, from private developers, large organisations, local government and the Civil Service.
Our vision for the Ecology Team is to develop and grow our team of ecologists, specialising primarily in surveys for development.
The Role Assistant Ecologist
Reporting to the Principal Ecologist, the Assistant Ecologist will join our ecology team in delivering a wide array of ecology survey projects.
The role will focus on assisting in the delivery of multiple ecology projects. You will be supporting an existing team of Ecologists, working both in the field and in the office. When required, you will also work with specialist subcontractors to aid in delivering projects.
You are expected to work some early mornings and late evenings assisting in surveys. The role offers the opportunity to gain a broad range of experience, both of field surveys and reporting.
Your main contacts will be the Principal Ecologist (for line management), and the wider ecology team (for delivery of ecology surveys).
You must be able to demonstrate the following:
- A degree in Ecology or related discipline.
- An appreciation of H&S issues related to ecology works.
- IT literate, particularly with MS Office packages.
- Full UK driving licence.
The following are desirable:
- Membership at any level of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (MCIEEM).
- Experience of Ecology field surveys
The key attributes of a successful Assistant Ecologist:
- Professional approach.
- Articulate and with a fastidious attention to detail.
- Understands the need for, and is able to work flexibly to ensure the job is completed on time and to budget.
- Is willing to travel and work flexible hours to meet the business need.
The following will be required of an Assistant Ecologist:
- Office based work, using various IT packages including MS Office and cloud-based applications.
- Site visits, including early / late starts.
- The ability to drive your own / company vehicle.
- Working to meet the business need (contracted hours is 40 net of breaks). We operate a TOIL system to ensure any overtime in the busier periods can be taken as time off during the quieter months.
In addition to your highly competitive salary, the remuneration package includes:
- Total of 33 days per year annual leave (pro rata)
- Flexible working, including Time Off In Lieu
- Workplace pension, including company contributions
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Use of company vehicles for business travel
- One of the most fun and empowering working environments in the industry!
To apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org