This listing has expired.
We have multiple opportunities for Assistant Ecologists to support our terrestrial ecology teams across the UK for the 2022 survey season.
This is a great opportunity to learn professional survey and mitigation techniques, in a range of species and habitats, and to gain experience of working in a busy independent environmental consultancy. Many of our previous seasonal Assistant Ecologists have gone on to secure permanent positions with us and now have thriving careers at Thomson.
We would like to hear from hardworking graduates with a degree in ecology, environmental science, zoology or another related field. You may be a fresh graduate or may have undertaken previous ecological surveying, in a voluntary or paid capacity.
You’ll need to be available full-time from early March until early October 2022, have a car, full UK driving licence, and be willing to travel and stay away from home regularly. Ideally, you will be located within 1 hour’s commute from our offices in Birmingham, Cardiff, Guildford, Leeds or Manchester, or be willing to relocate.
Successful candidates will have
- a degree in ecology or a related field, or suitable relevant experience
- the right to work in the UK
- a valid driving licence and vehicle, insured for business use
- availability in early March 2022 to attend induction training
- the ability and willingness to travel and stay away at survey sites in various locations around the UK
- confidence to work independently, and as part of a team
- self-motivation with the ability to learn quickly.
It would be advantageous if you also had the following:
- experience of leading small teams
- a protected species licence e.g. GCN, bat or dormouse
- membership to the Chartered Institute of Ecological and Environmental Management (CIEEM)
- a Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) Card
- First Aid at Work certification
Applications close on 30th November 2021.
Following this, we’ll be holding telephone screenings throughout December. At this stage, we’ll also invite you to complete a short written exercise. If successful, following this you will be invited to one of our candidate assessment days being held in January 2022, at our Guildford Head Office.
For any further information, please contact the Recruitment team on email@example.com