The Assistant Field Manager will help with installing and maintaining habitat restoration projects in Teton Valley and beyond. Their primary role will be to assist the Restoration Field Manager in implementing projects and leading the field crew members to ensure quality and efficiency of work.
Duties will include
- Fieldwork implementation
- Seeding, installing plants and wetland sod
- Weed control (spraying/pulling weeds/weed whacking),
- Applying or installing plant protection including fence
- Installing and maintaining irrigation systems
- Supervising field crews (Providing clear communication and direction to crew that will increase productivity, pace setting, modeling work ethic, giving directives and instruction, provide guidance for quality control and management of crew daily schedule/breaks)
- Assistance in managing daily production and logistics in the field
General daily schedule will be 7 or 8 am – 5:00 pm, but flexibility is required to accommodate a highly variable schedule, including early morning starts, later days and occasionally working on a weekend. The workload for this position will be approximately 30-40 hr/wk May or June through September, possibly into November. The pay for this position will start at $18 per hour. This job demands that you are physically active and able to work outside. This is a great opportunity for future employment and growth.