This listing has expired.
- Seasonal and Full Time contract work (with view to a permanent position for right candidate) available working as an Assistant Ecological Consultant.
- Working on various ecological projects at various locations around the country.
- Assisting on protected species and habitat surveys.
- Effective working with senior and assistant ecologists. Liaising with clients and relative professionals such as architects, planners and councils.
- Steep learning curve suitable for an enthusiastic individual beginning a career and/or wishing to gain significant experience in all areas working with senior ecologists to fast-track their career within a small company.
- Training will be provided via a training plan including a mixture of on-job, taught, and guided self learning.
- A relevant degree or postgraduate qualification (other qualifications and backgrounds will be considered)
Able to start before or by the 3rd May 2022
Ability to work under pressure within a team and individually with excellent communication skills
- Enthusiasm and passion for Ecology and the Environment
Existing knowledge/experience of UK Flora and Faunal identification and survey work
A broad understanding of UK wildlife legislation
Wiling to travel and work away from home with overnight stays
Developed ability in report writing and a good level of competency in Microsoft Office software
Own car, driving Licence and a confident driver.
- Live within 30 mins of of Derby or Uttoxeter area
Experience undertaking a variety of ecology surveys; Phase one and Two; Particularly Bats, Birds, Amphibians, Reptiles and Botany.
Natural England class license would be advantageous
Specialist knowledge within a particular field of ecology
Project management experience
- Work from home, manage your own time
In house and paid external training from senior ecologists
All expenses paid, includes food, mileage and overnight accommodation
Fast-track to becoming an established Ecologist
Company Laptop, Phone etc.
You will usually be using company vehicles to avoid placing mileage on your own vehicle
- For an informal discussion about the job, please contact Andy on firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the first instance please send your CV and covering letter to the email above including the location you are based.
About Astute Ecology