This listing has expired.
A commercially-minded Bid Manager – Estimator is required to join our growing ecological contracting business. We require someone to contribute to the preparation of tenders, quotations, and associated documentation required in bidding for new contracts. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone looking for a new challenge in the environmental services sector.
We work with Tier-one contractors, multi-disciplinaries, local & national government and ecology and planning consultancies. Our contracts range in value from £5k to £5million. You will be involved from initial enquiry, through to site visits, estimating, specification writing, pre-award presentations and contract negotiation. You’ll be working with the Habitats team on small and medium sizes opportunities and in collaboration with the bid management team on complex, multi-service and large scale projects.
The successful candidate will be based from our Guildford Office or primarily home-based.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Nurturing and developing client and supplier relationships.
- Assessing project scope, interpreting the clients’ or Project Managers’ specification, identifying what’s needed and accurately estimating costs, assumptions and exclusions
- Where agreed, successfully managing an opportunity from enquiry through to tender/quotation return.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of the Habitat’s team service offering
- Attending pre-start and site meetings, negotiating pre-contract terms and conditions and recording agreements reached.
- Providing a concise handover to Project Managers, as well as on-going project-specific support.
- Experience of bidding, estimating and risk assessment within the construction and/or landscaping industry
- Understanding of NEC3 contracts (or similar).
- Experience of using online tender portals.
- Knowledge of procurement processes
- To be commercially minded, enthusiastic, able to work independently and as part of a team, and with an aptitude for attention to detail.
In return we can offer a highly competitive salary, a rewarding varied role, our company benefits, flexible working, regular company social events, career progression and great training.