Title of post: Bird Staff and Conservation Assistant
Salary: up to £18,500
Post: Full time (initial 6 months probationary period) 40 hrs per week – 5 days over 7 including weekends and bank holidays on a rota.
Principal location of work: Newent, Gloucestershire with flexibility to travel to other sites for specific tasks if required
Immediate line manager: Curator
Qualifications required for post: BSc or equivalent in a relevant scientific subject
Other desirable qualifications: Further or Additional Higher Educational qualifications
Experience required for post: Please see person specification below for details.
Overall purpose of post and main duties:
- Assist with cleaning and maintaining aviaries and general site maintenance, such as painting etc
- Assist with training and flying birds of prey for demonstrations and other visitor experiences
- Assist your team colleagues in all relevant duties.
- Assist with guided tours of the Centre and the cover of school visits and outreach events when necessary.
- Develop your understanding and knowledge of the birds in the collection, including your understanding of conservation issues in relation to projects undertaken by the Centre
- Oversee the day-to-day work, monitoring and record keeping of specified project/s at ICBP
- Assist in the collation and analysis of data collected from specified projects.
- Be familiar with legislation relating to relevant conservation project/s, such as health and safety, CITES regulations and the Wildlife and Countryside Act etc.
- Foster the Centre’s relationship with our partners and other conservation organisations.
- Work closely with management and other bird staff team members with regards to conservation project/s. Ensure your line manager is consulted and updated regularly.
- Encourage good relationships with all other centre departments. Network with other zoo professionals to maintain good relationships between the centre and external organisations.
- Any other duties as instructed by the Curator or Director of the Centre
Closing date: 28/05/2021
Initial interviews: 9th & 10th of June for via video call
Secondary interviews and workday dates: 15th & 16th of June 2021
Please submit a letter of application together with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
International Centre for Birds of Prey
Title of post: Bird Staff
|2. Relevant Experience||
|3. Relevant Skills/Aptitudes||
|4. Special Requirements||