Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind. We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role:
We are looking for a Botanist to join our Australian Mining Business, based in our Perth office. The successful candidate will join our Terrestrial Ecology Team. The role will lead and/or assist in the delivery of high-quality botanical surveys, monitoring programs and technical advice to our clients.
This role involves field-based work, the collection of and analysis of ecological data and preparation of clear, concise reports within the cost and time constraints of the projects. Additionally, candidates will have the opportunity to diversify their skillset by assisting other service groups in the Perth office. We’re a global company but with the personability of a small business.
Day to day tasks would involve:
- Planning and executing field surveys
- Analysis and reporting of collected data
- Providing technical support to the team
To be successful in the role you’ll need:
- Tertiary qualifications in Botany or a related discipline
- Experienced in survey planning and execution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- At least 4 years professional experience, ideally with an environmental consultancy
- An interest in embracing innovation to continually improve the work we do
- Project management and leadership experience
- Field experience in the arid zones of Western Australia will be highly regarded