This is an exciting opportunity to join the Field Studies Council (FSC), one of the UK’s leading providers of outdoor environmental education. FSC is a pioneering environmental education charity committed to enabling people discover, explore, understand and be inspired by the world around us. Established in 1943, our network of Learning Locations provide day and residential courses for all ages, from young children to retired adults, from schools and communities throughout the UK, reaching many others through our publications and community-based programmes.
FSC Flatford Mill, East Bergholt, Suffolk
Hourly rate – Up to £9.46
Casual basis – work is offered as required
Overall Job purpose:
Our Gardener will be responsible for the overall up-keep and improvement of the Centre’s Garden.
This is essentially an active role and will require the job holder to be able to carry out duties associated with gardening work including manual handling.
Please refer to the job description for full details of the responsibilities of the role.
We ask that you have –
- A positive and passionate work attitude
- A desire to show pride in all aspects of your work
- A flexible approach with a willingness to adapt to changes
- An ability to work using your own initiative both independently and as a competent, effective team member
- An ability to work under pressure and prioritise work to meet tight deadlines
- Always treating others with courtesy, dignity and respect
- A commitment and contribution to improving FSC’s environmental performance
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
Applications will be considered on arrival and interviews arranged as appropriate.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone and/or email.