This listing has expired.
Salary: Up to £27,000 depending on experience
Location: Home based with regular travel to London
The British and Irish Association of Zoos and Aquariums (BIAZA) is the professional association for good zoos and aquariums. We drive excellence in animal welfare, conservation, education and research, demonstrate the value of zoos and aquariums to society and use our collective expertise to influence policy and champion positive behaviours.
We have an exciting new vacancy for a Communications and Campaigns Officer to join our small, dedicated team and support us in developing and delivering on our strategic goals.
The Communications and Campaigns Officer will work primarily with the Communications and Public Affairs Manager and the Chief Executive to develop and implement our new communications strategy. You will play a key role in raising the profile of BIAZA, promoting the work of our members and contributing to public affairs campaigns.
- Work with the Communications and Public Affairs Manager and the BIAZA CEO to deliver on BIAZA’s aims and objectives in communications and public affairs
- Developing and delivering a range of digital online communications, including mailings, letters and BIAZA’s newsletter.
- Developing video and film for BIAZA.
- Developing high quality briefing materials for a range of audiences including political and media briefings.
- Supporting and where appropriate deputising for the Communications and Public Affairs Manager and CEO in meetings.
- Working with colleagues in BIAZA committees and working groups including organising task forces and developing ideas.
- Developing communications reports which track changes in BIAZA’s audiences.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) and the ability to communicate in a confident and engaging manner at all levels
- Experience in writing clear and compelling copy in a range of formats, catering to different audiences and with different messaging
- Knowledge and experience of effective communications including digital tools, monitoring and mailings
- Experience in videography and social media management
- Experience in delivering and evaluating campaigns for a variety of audiences
- Strong attention to detail including proofing skills
- Be able to work to tight deadlines and prioritise effectively
- Experience in research and distilling complex ideas into clear messages
- Graphic and design skills
- Strong organisational skills and experience in organising stakeholder events
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for politics, political procedure and influencing policy
- Enthusiasm and commitment to conservation, as demonstrated by career path, voluntary work or outside interests
This role will be mainly home based, however, regular travel to London for team, and other, meetings will be required. There will also be a requirement to visit members and attend seminars, conferences and networking events around the UK and Ireland. These may occur in the evenings or at weekends.
This is a full-time, permanent role contracted for 37.5 hours per week. We provide flexible working opportunities, which can be discussed at interview. The salary for this role is up to £27,000 depending on experience. We also offer 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.