This listing has expired.
Are you an experienced, enthusiastic, creative and organised communicator? This role is for you.
He angitūtanga: About the Role
The purpose of this role is to create, implement and maintain communications for the Kaimai Mamaku Restoration Project. This is a fixed term role for 18-months, based in our Tauranga Office.
The primary objectives of this project are to deliver a wide range of iwi/hapū led ecological and cultural restoration projects for the Kaimai Mamaku Forests and to create significant job opportunities for iwi/hapū and community, working in collaboration at hub level.
Please note that domestic travel may to be required. Salary will be based on experience.
He kōrero mōu: What we are looking for
Ideally you will have;
- A tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in communications;
- Experience working with a range of communication channels, including intranet, social media, face-to-face briefing and preparing presentation material for a wide audience;
- Experience in developing and implementing effective systems to manage communications issues and risks;
- Strong understanding of Te Ao Māori, and experience engaging and working directly with whānau, hapū and iwi;
- Experience in successful relationship management, providing advice and service to senior leaders;
- Ability to work effectively with a range of partners to achieve goals;
- A broad understanding of conservation management and how it contributes to New Zealand’s sustainability;
- Current full driving licence.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What’s in it for you?
A fantastic supportive and collaborative working environment. Being the multiple award winner of the most attractive employer in the public sector (and second overall) with an average tenure beyond 10 years, we know people generally really enjoy working with us!
The chance to join a large organisation that’s growing the importance of conservation to New Zealand. DOC has been undergoing a steady period of growth; we highly value the new expertise and fresh perspectives brought into the organisation. This is your chance to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement.
Excellent opportunities to build your skills and enjoy a satisfying career.