This listing has expired.
The Nature Trust of British Columbia is a leading non-profit land conservation organization. We protect the natural diversity of wildlife and plants, and their critical habitats by acquiring ecologically significant land and then caring for it. Since 1971, we have secured over 178,000 acres in BC, with the help of our supporters.
The Nature Trust of BC is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Communications Intern to support the Marketing and Development team. The successful candidate will report to our Communications Manager. The intern will assist the communications department to promote and build awareness for The Nature Trust brand. The primary responsibility is to develop social media content. Our goal is to increase followers and engagement on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. The duration of this position is 5 months, with some flexibility.
- Assist in developing and implementing our social media strategy
- Attend social media content planning meetings
- Develop social media content and when applicable, other communication content
- Write engaging and informative copy
- Develop a network of social media contacts through social interaction
- Provide feedback to team
- Review analytics with manager and designer to assess results and adjust content strategy as needed
- Provide other Marketing and Communications support as needed
- Some post-secondary education in a related discipline (communications, marketing, environmental studies, resource management, etc.) or comparable work experience
- Possesses knowledge and passion for the natural environment (fish, wildlife and plants) in BC
- Good knowledge and understanding of social media marketing
- Demonstrates excellent writing skills
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Good organizational skills with an ability to meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills
- Competency in MS Office Suite
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Preference will be given to candidates with work experience in conservation or related environmental field
Work Term and Hours:
Start Date: April 12, 2021 (some flexibility)
Duration: 5 months