- Field Staff
- Tacoma, WA, USA
- $6,354 Stipend plus $1,678 AmeriCorps Education Award
- $1,678.57 AmeriCorps Education Award
- Dates: Summer Session Dates: Session 1: ASAP to 7/29 — Session 2: 8/1 to 9/2
- Location:Based out of Lakewood, WA and Lacey, WALeaders/members need to commute to the central meeting location each day. Each session will also have a week of camping for the crew. There is also a five day leader training that involves camping.
- Impact the lives of youth by teaching job-skills and education lessons
- Accomplish meaningful service projects in your local community
- Excellent entry-point into the fields of natural resource management, youth development, and outdoor education.
Youth Community Crew Leaders co-lead, manage, and supervise conservation crews of up to ten youth, ages 15-18, over the course of the summer. The summer season is broken down into two five-week sessions so leaders will oversee two separate groups over their term of service. Crews work Monday through Friday and meet each morning at a central location in their community. While on session, Field Leaders will be responsible for completing a variety of hands-on, conservation-oriented projects on public and private lands, and facilitating daily lessons using our accredited outdoor education curriculum. Field leaders are well-balanced individuals who work hard and embody compassion, patience, and an inspirational attitude.
- At least 21 years old
- Current First Aid (or higher) and CPR certification needed before session start date
- Recreational/ professional outdoor experience and experience working with youth
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 70 pounds
- Experience/desire in working with diverse populations
- Current Driver’s License, ability to pass background checks and follow COVID protocols
Benefits: This Northwest Youth Corps position is operated in partnership with AmeriCorps, our country’s national service program. AmeriCorps members complete paid terms of national community service to address our nation’s most pressing issues. As an AmeriCorps member you will receive a living allowance of $6,354 prorated throughout your term of service, along with earning a $1,678 AmeriCorps Education Award. Learn more about additional benefits here https://americorps.gov/members-volunteers/your-benefits
About Northwest Youth Corps
Our core purpose is to provide opportunities for youth and young adults to learn, grow, and experience success. Our programs focus on education, challenge, community, leadership and empowerment, giving youth critical life skills and confidence. NYC programs stress teamwork, inclusion, and leadership while promoting a solid work ethic and individual achievement. Youth leave NYC knowing that they can overcome obstacles, solve problems, make friends, and attain their objectives in life.