This listing has expired.
1. Conservation Lead South Wiltshire – based at Langford Lakes Nature Reserve, with office space at Elm Tree Court, Devizes and opportunity for some home working. Regular travel to sites in central and South Wiltshire, occasional travel to sites in the north Wiltshire and Swindon.
2. Conservation Lead North Wiltshire – based at Blakehill Nature Reserve, with office space at Elm Tree Court, Devizes and opportunity for some home working. Regular travel to sites in central and north Wiltshire and Swindon, occasional travel to sites in the south Wiltshire.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Mon– Sun) with a requirement for occasional weekend and evening work
- Pension up to 7.5% non-contributory
- Group risk insurance (death in service and income protection)
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Staff discount at WWT cafes, retail workshops and classes
- Head office in central town location
- Free parking for staff at all office bases
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in protecting, maintaining and enhancing Wiltshire Wildlife Trust’s nature reserves and increasing the amount of land and freshwater managed for the benefit of wildlife. You will be joining a dynamic team within a charity committed to creating living landscapes across Wiltshire, with over 40 nature reserves and 20,000 members. WWT delivers high profile, nationally important work, from nature recovery projects through to adult wellbeing and youth education. If you have ecological knowledge and are enthusiastic about using it to ensure our nature reserves remain outstanding areas for biodiversity, we would like to hear for you.
You will have a suite of nature reserves over which to plan and deliver a programme of biological monitoring, working with volunteers and specialists. You will be the eyes on the ground, using your knowledge of species and habitats to report to the Conservation Manager about the impacts of our practical management and farming operations and advising on changes to management plans, work programmes or grazing regimes. You will also have the opportunity to develop and support specific projects and schemes on our nature reserves.
We are looking for a candidate who is organised and motivated. You will need to have the ability and confidence to work independently using your own initiative but also work effectively as part of a larger team and support the Conservation Manager.