This listing has expired.
Are you passionate about communicating for CONSERVATION?
Interested in getting the latest DIGITAL SKILLS?
Then this unique internship is for you!
Volunteer position, Full-time, Location: Kuala Lumpur, Start: 16 September 2019
What we offer
Join our international team of pioneering and fun-loving conservationists. We are working to save wildlife and help communities in Malaysia and Indonesia. You will be responsible for communicating about our amazing projects in MARINE, RAINFOREST, WILDLIFE and COMMUNITY CONSERVATION. This allows you to get involved in the broadest range of environmental work and eco-tourism.
PLUS, we will teach you DIGITAL MARKETING SKILLS in partnership with Sustainable Marketing Academy. So, you learn techniques and know-how for your CV, such as Web Development (WordPress), Content Marketing (Hubspot), Email Marketing (Mailchimp) and Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube).
An added bonus is that all your work and travel will be in stunning locations in South East Asia. And you will have some holiday time to explore for yourself.
Your Role and Personal Development
You will be part of a diverse marketing team (4 to 8 interns) based in KUALA LUMPUR. From there, you will travel regularly to our projects around Malaysia and Indonesia. Your first 2 weeks will be spent on training you with a wide range of digital marketing skills. After that, you can practise and apply your new skills online. We also encourage you to self-study using the online tools and tutorials recommended by your personal mentor. You are invited to set 3 personal goals, which your mentor will supervise during the entire internship. Your role will include a mix of digital tasks, but you will focus on those most suited to your experience. This can range from blogging to video/photography or website maintenance.
What we need from you
- Experience in Conservation and/or Marketing, or a Tourism or Business-related field
- Passion for Nature, Wildlife Conservation or Community Development
- Excellent level of English, both written and verbal
- Comfortable with IT (work on your own laptop, learning new software)
- Good team player and managing a varied workload, together with others
- Flexible and adaptable to work in the field (jungle or tropical island)
- You need to be able to commit for 6 months or more
Benefits and Expenses
- Accommodation at a shared apartment with swimming pool and gym, near shops and public transport (40 mins to downtown KL)
- Free Wi-fi (fibre broadband at your flat)
- Share of communal food (Each team member shops and cooks regularly)
- £100 per month as accommodation fee, so total £600 (max) for 6 months
- Your flight to and from Kuala Lumpur is for your account.
- All internal travel (for work only) will be refunded
- You are responsible for your own visa (We can advise if needed)
- You need to show suitable travel insurance cover (for your own account)
- You need to arrange for any necessary vaccinations (We can assist if needed)
- We will help with any job search afterwards, by providing references or advice.
More information via this link
To apply for this internship, please send your CV and cover letter to:
Applications by Friday 5th July
Interviewing and selection: by 31st July
Start date: 16th September 2019