This listing has expired.
WTA is looking for an experienced creative writer to join our development team. This person will play an important role helping set and execute our public fundraising strategy. We are looking for someone who excels at telling stories that motivate people to financially support WTA’s mission of inspiring hikers to explore and protect trails. The Development Content Writer reports to the Senior Manager of Individual and Corporate Giving, and works closely with the Development Director, communications team and other senior level staff.
Development Content Writer
Compensation: $25 – $27/hour, full time, non-exempt
Priority Application Date: Applications accepted on a rolling basis
Inspiring Hikers to Create Trails for Everyone, Forever
Washington Trails Association (WTA) is the nation’s largest state-based hiking and trail maintenance organization. Powered by hikers for more than 50 years, WTA works to ensure Washington’s trails stand the test of time, connecting people to the outdoors—from everyday adventures to backcountry explorations. We engage our community as public lands advocates, as trail stewards and as on-the-ground experts sharing knowledge with fellow hikers. WTA’s strength is in its community and future success depends on fostering an inclusive organization and hiking community, where everyone feels welcome and represented.
WTA is looking for an experienced creative writer to join our development team. This person will play an important role helping set and execute our public fundraising strategy. We are looking for someone who excels at telling stories that motivate people to financially support WTA’s mission of inspiring hikers to explore and protect trails.
The Development Content Writer reports to the Senior Manager of Individual and Corporate Giving, and works closely with the Development Director, communications team and other senior level staff.
- Create compelling fundraising content across platforms (print, email, blog, social media) that excites audiences and motivates them to contribute to WTA.
- Keep website and print materials up-to-date with latest information relevant to giving.
- Design eye-catching print and digital collateral that conveys clear calls to action.
- Assist in the development of fundraising and marketing strategy.
Job Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated commitment to WTA’s mission and values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Experience writing fundraising copy.
- 3+ years of experience in content creation, ideally in marketing or development.
- High ethical standards and ability to manage confidential information.
- Ability to accept and integrate feedback.
- Experience generating content for email marketing and social media platforms.
- Understanding of social media analytics and content creation based on targeted audience.
- Experience with InDesign or similar design software.
- Proficiency with Powerpoint or other presentation applications.
Location and Schedule
The Development Content Writer position is a full-time, non-exempt position based in WTA’s Seattle office.
Currently due to the COVID-19 pandemic, WTA staff have the option to primarily work from home through February 2022 and vaccination requirements are in place for WTA staff and volunteers. Some tasks may require in-person presence at the office or occasional evening or weekend work for special events.
Compensation starts at $25.00 – 27.00 per hour. Salary depends on experience. Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, retirement, disability, transportation, and holiday, vacation and sick leave.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
WTA is committed to advancing equity through our work and to becoming a more inclusive organization.
People of color and others with underrepresented identities (including but not limited to: gender identity, class, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, age, ability, and background) are strongly encouraged to apply.
WTA does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, color, gender identity, marital status, honorably discharged veteran or military status, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, political ideology, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability, status as a vic m of domes c violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply: submit a resume and a brief cover le er to firstname.lastname@example.org . Include “Development Writer” in the subject line. This position is open until filled. If you have any questions or need accommodation in our recruitment process, please contact email@example.com . We look forward to hearing from you!