The Director of Finance provides leadership toward the achievement of the organization’s mission by supervising all financial activities for American YouthWorks. The Director of Finance will provide strategic direction and financial guidance to AYW’s Board of Directors, Executive Management Team, and program directors. The Director of Finance manages all of the company’s financial operations, oversees implementation of the infrastructure and systems needed to support strategic objectives and provides key strategic counsel for business activities and new business opportunities.
Under limited to no supervision the Director of Finance will perform the following functions:
- Ensures strategies are in place for optimal financial and mission-related performance; identify inefficiencies and resolve;
- Analyzes fiscal transactions to assure conformity and compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, internal policies and grant requirements;
- Prepares financial statements and analyzes and interprets fiscal data; presents to the Finance Committee and Board of Directors on a regular basis;
- Prepares forecasting and cash flow analysis reports for general operations as well as potential new program services;
- Manages year-end closing and prepares responses to inquiries from grantors and regulatory agencies;
- Supervises day-to-day accounting transactions and fiscal reporting to ensure quality and timeliness;
- Institutes necessary financial management controls and assures fiscal integrity.
- Responsible for the cash management process, including banking arrangements, credit cards, balances and preparing cash flow reporting;
- Responsible for agency-wide budget preparation each fiscal year for presentation to Executive Management and the Finance Committee;
- Oversees grant fiscal management, providing fiscal direction to program managers, coordinating expense allocations, providing feedback about revenues and expenses related to funding sources, and providing adequate reporting to ensure all funding is used as intended;
- Prepares grant expenditure reports and invoices grants on a monthly basis;
- Reviews contracts and lease agreements in coordination with the program and other administrative staff;
- Researches, analyzes, and resolves high level financial and operational issues;
- Evaluates organizational infrastructure, recommends improvements to support strategic initiatives and manages implementation;
- Coordinates with the CEO to thoroughly vet ideas, opportunities and proposed solutions;
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and coordination with AYW staff and management;
- Calculates and negotiates Indirect Cost Rate on an annual basis;
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION: Masters Degree from an Accredited College in Accounting, Finance, or related field; CPA license; Blackbaud Financial Edge software experience
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION: Bachelors Degree from an Accredited College in Accounting, Finance, or related field;
EXPERIENCE: Seven (7) years experience working in Accounting, can be a combination of for-profit and non-profit; Three (3) years experience working with US Federal and State grants fiscal management; Three (3) years in a supervisory role;
To view the full job posting and to apply, please visit our website, www.americanyouthworks.org