Location: Dawasamu , Fiji
Employment Type: Full-Time
Minimum Experience: Mid-level
Reports to: Program Manager
Start date: ASAP
Our planet is in crisis and inequality affects people around the globe. At GVI, our teams are choosing to take action. We bring a range of specialised skills together for a common goal: supporting a more sustainable future.
GVI is an international multi-award-winning social enterprise. We offer conservation and community development programs in 13 countries, all aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, and led by our teams and experts from the communities we operate in.
Working at GVI is fast-paced and fun. We value passion, authenticity and innovation, and we treat our stakeholders with compassion and respect.
About the role
GVI Fiji is currently seeking an enthusiastic, hard working and safety orientated PADI Dive Officer to join our passionate team. GVI Fiji has been involved with natural resource conservation activities in the Lomaiviti Province since October 2014 and welcome participants from all over the world to join us in contributing to these projects. The successful candidate must be willing to relocate full time to beautiful Dawasamu, Fiji.
Role and responsibilities:
- Dive Training – working with the Instructor team to train international volunteers and local community members in a variety of courses.
- Provision of Emergency First Responder training to various personnel
- Ensuring strict monitoring and scheduling of scuba equipment maintenance
- Assisting with the logistics and upkeep required to run a remote dive operation
- Basic Maintenance of dive equipment and boat maintenance as required
- Maintain a high standard of Health and Safety through on-going proactive review of safety standards and training
- Assisting in the day to day management of a large group of international volunteers
If you are ambitious, purpose-driven, and you have a great sense of humour, we want to meet you. As an organisation, we know that welcoming a broad range of people with unique identities makes us powerful and we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion practices.
Professional skills and experience:
- Fluent English
- PADI Dive Master qualification is essential
- Passion for marine conservation
- Dedication and proven experience managing safe diving standards
- Experience working with people from a range of backgrounds
- Professional Dive Master Insurance
- EFR Instructor status
- Working knowledge of compressor and outboard engine maintenance
- Basic IT skills
- Dive equipment maintenance qualification (Ideally, Scubapro & Aqualung)
Here’s what our global team enjoys:
- Social fund
- Training fund
- Collaborative, flexible culture
- Transparency – hear directly from the CEO consistently
- We laugh a lot, genuinely care about and support each other, and do the occasional dress-up
- Leadership development
- In-house counselling support
- Growth opportunities across our 17 locations!
- Monthly salary
- Visa costs (if applicable)
- Emergency medical and travel insurance
You can find out more about the type of work GVI does and who we are as an organisation here.
Please send your CV along with a cover letter stating why you feel you would be best suited to this position at GVI.
Please note: We will do our utmost to respond to all applicants, however, given the large volume of applications we receive, this isn’t always possible. If you do not hear back from us within three-four weeks, please take it that on this occasion your application was unsuccessful.