Location: Dawasamu , Fiji
Employment Type: Full-Time
Minimum Experience: Mid-level
About the role
GVI Fiji is currently seeking an enthusiastic, hard working and safety orientated PADI Dive Officer to join our passionate team. GVI Fiji has been involved with natural resource conservation activities in the Lomaiviti Province since October 2014 and welcome participants from all over the world to join us in contributing to these projects. The successful candidate must be willing to relocate full time to beautiful Dawasamu, Fiji.
You are committed, have the drive and enthusiasm to develop yourself and motivate others. You are someone who is hardworking, with the ability to use initiative. You are also someone who is flexible, open-minded and adaptable. The idea of being a part of a global family on a mission to make a difference excites you!
What you will do
- Dive Training – working with the Instructor team to train international volunteers and local community members in a variety of courses.
- Provision of Emergency First Responder training to various personnel
- Ensuring strict monitoring and scheduling of scuba equipment maintenance
- Assisting with the logistics and upkeep required to run a remote dive operation
- Basic Maintenance of dive equipment and boat maintenance as required
- Maintain a high standard of Health and Safety through on-going proactive review of safety standards and training
- Assisting in the day to day management of a large group of international volunteers
What you will need
- Fluent English
- PADI Dive Master qualification is essential
- Passion for marine conservation
- Dedication and proven experience managing safe diving standards
- Experience working with people from a range of backgrounds
- Professional Dive Master Insurance
- EFR Instructor status
- Working knowledge of compressor and outboard engine maintenance
- Basic IT skills
- Dive equipment maintenance qualification (Ideally, Scubapro & Aqualung)
GVI is an international multi-award-winning social enterprise on a mission to build a global network of people united by their passion to make a difference. We run programs in 13 countries worldwide aligned to the objectives of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
GVI is a platform for personal growth, and our staff have the ability to develop themselves across teams, departments, and even locations! We value passion, authenticity, entrepeneurship and innovation and treat all of our stakeholders with respect and compassion above everything else.
You can find out more about the types of work we do, and who we are as an organization here.
Please submit your CV, along with your portfolio and a detailed motivation letter as to why you’d be a brilliant fit for this role
Please note: We will do our utmost to respond to all applicants, however, given the large volume of applications we receive, this isn’t always possible. If you do not hear back from us within three-four weeks, please take it that on this occasion your application was unsuccessful.