Frankfurt Zoological Society (FZS) conserves wildlife and ecosystems focusing on protected areas and outstanding wild places. FZS maintains long-term conservation programmes in Africa, South America, Asia and Europe.
With increasing funds for biodiversity conservation from the development banking sector, we have identified the need to provide additional support to projects and country offices to meet donor requirements. We are seeking an experienced procurement specialist to provide backstopping to in-country teams to ensure that procurement of goods and services adhere to the procedures and standards laid out by donor requirements.
Donor Project Procurement Specialist
The Procurement Specialist will be conversant and up to date with the requirements and procedures of FZS institutional donors (mainly KfW but also others) and will be the primary resource at FZS for procurement using donor funds. The specialist will work closely to support the Procurement and Finance team based at country offices (with an initial focus on support for Tanzania and the FZS Europe Programme) to review procurement plans, support tender fulfilment and troubleshooting. The specialist will also serve as the liaison with institutional donors on issues related to procurement and share lessons learned across other FZS projects.
- Backstopping support for in-country finance + admin and tender committees
- Review FZS‘s Country Level Financial and Procurement Policies to align with donor procurement requirements of KfW and institutional donors
- Support development and review of Procurement Plans Support international tendering for KfW-funded projects
- Liaise with KfW on procurement issues as needed
- Troubleshooting and go-to resource for FZS global projects‘ procurement and tender issues
- Review of tender adverts, contracts, supporting documents and award procedures to compliance.
- Degree in related field from a recognized university 5+ years procurement experience preferably in an international conservation project (preferably 3+ directly with KfW-funded procurement)
- Experience in preparation of procurement plans, tendering, contract management, negotiation and completing complex purchasing in an international context (preferably Africa)
- Strong communication skills in English and German (written and oral)
- Passion for nature and wilderness
Integrity; Work systematically; Team work; Planning and organizing; Negotiating
2 year full-time contract based in Frankfurt, Germany with occasional travel to FZS project sites. Candidates should be considering a longer term commitment.
Your application should contain a cover letter, your chronological CV as well as qualifying certificates. Your cover letter should answer the following questions:
- Why would you like to work for the advertised position?
- What qualifications and personal qualities make you a good candidate?
Please send your electronic application documents (as one single pdf) and indicate your salary expectations and the earliest possible starting date to firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to apply online.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 31ST MAY 2021