Centre for Climate Repair at Cambridge
(part-time/flexible hours considered)
Development & Alumni Relations Downing College
Are you in fundraising, sales, communications or policy and looking to make your next move? Are you hungry for change and would you welcome the opportunity of working with a world-leading team of climate scientists? Do you love meeting new people and pioneering a cause? Then this could be your ideal role.
The Development Manager will lead major gift fundraising efforts for the Centre for Climate Repair at Cambridge, working closely with Sir David King, Dr Shaun Fitzgerald and a team of world-class researchers. The Centre is attracting significant interest and donations from supporters in the UK and internationally and this role is charged with seeking six, seven and eight figure gifts to advance its world-leading research.
For further information please see the Candidate Information Pack.
The annual salary is £45,173 per annum for 36.25 hours per week (point 64 on the College salary scale) for office hours with an unpaid 30 minute lunch break. There is a probationary period of 6 months and the role is a 2 year contract in the first instance, with the possibility of extension. There is potential for part-time hours, a degree of flexibility on start/finish times and working from home.
- 33 days Holiday (including bank holidays)
- Discretionary Bonus scheme
- Free College Lunches on working days
- Pension scheme (with matched contribution up to 10%)
- Free access to an Employee Assistance programme 24/7
- Healthcare Cash scheme (e.g. for prescriptions, dental, optical, physiotherapy)
- Free Life Assurance cover
- Optional subsidised private medical and dental schemes
- Cycle purchase scheme, giving substantial savings on cycle purchase
- Free use of on-site Gym facilities
- Free on-site Car parking
- Social events
- An additional Day Off for your Birthday!
*Further details of these discretionary benefits and eligibility criteria are available from the HR team.
To apply for this position, please visit www.dow.cam.ac.uk/people/vacancies/staff-vacancies
Closing date: Monday 23 May. Please note that the closing date for this post may be brought forward if there is a high volume of applicants.
Applications are welcomed from a broad range of backgrounds.
All applicants will be contacted once shortlisting has taken place.
The successful applicant will be asked to complete a basic level DBS check.
For further information or in event of queries, please contact:
The HR Office
Tel: 01223 334820