This listing has expired.
Are you a commercially-focused Ecologist looking for an office-based position in a highly successful UK environmental consultancy? Do you have experience responding to tenders and quotes, and enjoy winning new work? If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Thomson’s growth and success has resulted in the requirement to fill a niche position in our Terrestrial Ecology team. Specifically, we are interested in an ecologist who can apply their ecological knowledge to inform methodology and costings for quote and bid submissions. The ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of ecological surveys and best practice and will be able to communicate with technical leads for information on specialist surveys and services. They will have good attention to detail and strong written and communication skills. They will be efficient with their time management and capable of working independently on small to mid-sized quotes or part of a bid team for larger tenders.
This role will allow for hybrid working, with a split between our Guildford Head Office and home-working based on business needs.
Successful candidates will:
- A broad knowledge of ecological survey, mitigation and best practice, gained through experience working as an Ecologist
- Experience responding to tenders and quotes with detailed methods and costings.
- Commercially-minded, enthusiastic and motivated for success.
- Knowledge of procurement processes
- Well organised self-starter with good attention to detail.
In return we can offer a highly competitive salary, a rewarding varied role, our company benefits, flexible working, regular company social events, career progression and great training.