This listing has expired.
Resource Environmental Consultants Ltd (REC) is an independent, multi-disciplinary UK environmental consultancy specialising in a comprehensive range of environmental and risk management services. With over 20 years’ experience and 120 staff, REC delivers environmental solutions nationally from ten local offices across the UK. REC provides technical expertise in both the built and natural environment across a variety of sectors – from large government agencies and major developers, to public sector bodies and housing associations.
REC has evolved significantly in the past 5 years to become a truly national environmental consultancy player. We’re doing some great work with national companies including Ecology work on some of the UK’s largest infrastructure and regeneration schemes.
We need help making our Ecology business as big and successful as it can possibly be, and this is where you come in. As part of REC’s continued growth and development we’re expanding our national Ecology business and are looking for a commercially focused and dynamic professional to join the team.
As an Ecology Consultant, you will be part of REC’s busy multi-disciplinary consultancy team, as well as providing support to the wider Ecology business throughout the UK. We’re looking for a highly motivated person, able to work under their own initiative, with drive and ambition to contribute to the ongoing success of the business. You will be expected to have strong communication skills and be able to deal with clients and colleagues effectively at all levels including Business Development, Marketing and HSEQ.
Due to the seasonal nature of ecology, it may be necessary for the individual to assist other teams within REC over the winter months.
What you’ll do:
- Support the delivery of projects to ensure that they are delivered on time, to the desired quality and to the necessary standard;
- Advising clients on ecological aspects relating to their schemes – including mixed use and residential developments, minerals/waste projects, infrastructure and energy projects.
- Field ecology work as well as presentation of factual reports for fieldwork monitoring results;
- Regular communication with the REC Ecology Team Lead to keep them fully up to date at all stages with the progress, status and findings of all project work;
- Support production and maintenance of clear project records and documentation;
- Ability to work as part of a team including the management of sub-contractors as necessary;
- Acting as a professional representative for the REC business and in doing so promoting and representing the REC brand and values both internally and externally;
- You will be required to undergo training in all aspects of the work with which you are not yet familiar.
Qualifications we’re looking for:
- BSc (Hons), MSc (Preferable) in a related subject such as Ecology, Natural Sciences or a related subject.
- Demonstrate considerable ecological expertise, preferably from within the consultancy sector, with experience of protected species survey and licencing.
- Experience in managing ecological input to development projects of all scales across a range of sectors and working with other environmental disciplines.
- Demonstrable experience of project management and client liaison.
- Associate or higher member of CIEEM
- A well-regarded team player able to develop a good rapport with both clients and colleagues.
- You will understand the business environment of consultancy with particular regard to ecology and be commercially astute.
- Hold a clean Full driving license.
- Licences for protected species surveys, particularly great crested newt and bats. A Level 2 Bat License would be desirable.
Working Hours & Location
- Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm with the requirement for flexibility dependent upon business requirement.
- Either Manchester, Huntingdon, Croydon or Winchester
Company Benefits – What you’ll get from us
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending upon the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount Scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.
If you’re on the cusp of doing something great in Ecology consultancy and are up for the challenge, then send our recruitment team your details and if they match up to what we’re looking for then one of our Directors will get in touch with you within 24 hours for an exploratory discussion.
To apply, or to find out more, please contact [email protected]