This listing has expired.
Bernwood is a specialist ecology consultancy based in north Buckinghamshire. We are a small team looking to recruit a new full time permanent member of staff to meet increasing workloads. This will be a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to build on existing knowledge and skill set supported by motivated colleagues.
Bernwood specialises in terrestrial ecology, aiming to work locally. For this reason, we can only consider applications from those currently living or willing to live within a reasonable distance from the office due to the demanding season of bat surveys.
The successful candidate will:
- Have prior experience of working in the industry, with priority given to those with consultancy experience
- Have experience in protected species surveys (great crested newts, bats, reptiles, badgers and phase I/Preliminary Ecological Appraisals)
- Hold a protected species survey license (level 1 bat class licence essential, level 2 bat class licence desirable)
- Will be self-driven and motivated, with personal achievement goals
- Be a member of CIEEM (full or associate)
- Have a good understanding of UK legislation, planning processes and the sector in general
- Experience of preparing European Protected Species Licences (EPSL)
- Report writing experience at high standards with attention to detail
- Be competent in GIS (preferably QGIS), Microsoft basic packages (Word, Excel etc.) and ideally statistics packages such as R
- Have a degree in a relevant discipline
- Have a full driving license free of endorsements and own (or have use of) a car for work purpose
The job includes:
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience and skills
- One-to-one training on protected species surveys (including harp and mist netting for bats), ecological report writing and support for professional development,
- Including opportunities for attendance on training courses
- Opportunities to advance your liaison skills with clients and private landowners
- Colleagues to support your career development
Bernwood look forward to employing an ecologist who can hit the ground running. If you think this is you, apply with your CV and brief cover letter detailing how you meet the job description to [email protected] by midday on 25th February 2019.
Candidates selected for interview will be notified w/c 4th March 2019 with interviews arranged for w/c 11th March 2019. All interviews will be held in person in our office.