This listing has expired.
Wessex Water is the top performing water and sewerage company in the UK, serving 2.8 million customers across the south west of England. Engineering and Construction design and build our infrastructure, including pipelines, sewage treatment works, pumping stations and reservoirs.
Our Environment and Planning team, which includes the Ecology Team, provides a wide range of environmental and ecological support to our engineering and construction colleagues to facilitate the delivery of our capital programme.
Our ecologists deliver a range of services including ecological survey, ecological impact assessment, and protected species work, through to mitigation and construction support. The ecology team support a diverse range of projects and enjoy the satisfaction of working on the projects from outline design through to completion.
You will provide ecological advice to engineering and construction staff to ensure that Wessex Water meets current legislation and company environmental policy in the development of assets.
The ideal candidate will posess the following:
* Competent in phase 1 / extended phase 1 habitat surveys.
* Experience of working with key groups of protected species (great crested newts, badgers, bats, reptiles, water voles etc.)
* Great Crested Newt survey licence required and other protected species licences desirable
* Good ecological report writing skills
* Experience of working on construction sites
* Clean driving licence and access to own transport essential
* relevant experience
* A pro-active and flexible approach with a focus on successful project delivery
* Good IT skills and experience of GIS systems
In return, we offer a range of benefits including:
* Defined contribution pension scheme.
* 24 days’ holiday rising to 28 with length of service.
* Life insurance.
* Cycle2Work scheme.
* Tax-free childcare government scheme.
* Paid volunteering leave.
* Discounts and cashback scheme from more than 1,200 high street and online suppliers.
Please remember you must be able to prove your eligibility to work in the UK and provide evidence of qualifications gained. All offers of employment will be subject to a Basic Disclosure Criminal Records check.
We’re happy to talk flexible working – in association with Working Families