We are a specialist Ecological, Arboricultural and Landscape consultancy that prides itself on having the same core values that it did 15 years ago when we were founded. We have experienced sustainable growth throughout this period and have become renowned by our clients for our pragmatic, solution-based approach to consultancy. We work for a variety of clients ranging from multinational prestigious organisations; conservation bodies; and on occasion one off small projects for homeowners.
We are passionate about the quality of service we provide, and we value the people we work with. At SES we operate as a work family, by helping each other we provide an environment for unlimited growth.
We understand that by providing a pragmatic, personalised and professional service we are helping to build and shape the future of the company.
We believe it is important to focus on behaviours and ways of working that go hand in glove with our core values. By working in this way, we always operate with integrity and honesty. Providing the most professional service and highest level of technical expertise.
We are professional, pragmatic consultants who strive to meet the needs of our clients and to deliver a product we are proud to put our name too.
Why Join Us?
You will be joining a multi award winning independent consultancy that have built a reputation as one of the leading ecological consultancies in the UK. The SES team are all proud to be part of the largest independently owned consultancy of its kind in the UK. Where what they do and say really matters.
We have received recognition for the collaborative approach we take to project management and delivery. We value every member of our team, as you and your team members are the reason for the company’s success and growth.
You will be part of a team that takes projects from inception to onsite delivery and ongoing management. Having both the technical and practical skills in house to offer our staff a unique environment to thrive.
Technical training will focus on the ecological skills required to operate to the highest possible standards. We will also provide training in project management; effective communication; pragmatic problem solving; and effective resourcing of teams.
We ensure that everyone has a continuous professional development plan in place that means all staff achieve their personal goals. We take pride in developing our people and allowing them to grow into the consultant they want to be, this ethos has created a highly motivated team which deliver bespoke ecological solutions to our clients, providing the platform for growth and the opportunity for new people to join our exciting company.
If you like the sound of our company and would like to join our team, then we would love to hear from you. Please confirm that you have the following skills and experience before applying.
- Undertake a wide range of ecological surveys including extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys and more specialist work such as protected species surveys and mitigation
- Experience with carrying out desk studies, consultations, data management and analysis, and report writing
- Experience of liaising with clients and statutory bodies, where required.
- Write and produce concise ecological reports that are compliant with relevant legislation and meet the needs of the client, both in terms of satisfaction and client deadlines.
- Experience of preparing mitigation strategies for protected species
- Able to identify baseline ecological constraints during site visits
- Have significant experience of standard survey protocols
- Confident planning your own portfolio of work
- Familiar with relevant wildlife legislation policy and guidance
- Understand standard mitigation practices associated with reptiles, GCN, badgers, bats & dormice
- Full UK driving licence and access to own vehicle
Benefits of working with SES:
- Competitive salary
- Increasing holiday entitlement for every year of service
- Extra day off on your birthday
- Flexible working
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Overtime – subject to requirement
- Company mobile phone and laptop (role dependant)
- Training budget and progression plan
- Opportunities to develop your career with a growing business
(All subject to the terms of the company handbook)
SES are an equal opportunities employer.
Pay scale: Negotiable DOE
SES will strictly refrain from demonstrating bias or prejudice towards individual differences which will be valued and protected. People will be given the chance to work in a discrimination-free environment which will help everyone feel that their worth and rights are respected.
Please send your application to Alan Goddard with a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org If you have any questions regarding any of our roles, please do not hesitate to contact us