Salary: up to £29,000
Location: UK (home based)
ADAS is seeking an Ecologist to join our team. The role is full time, permanent and be home based in Kent or Sussex, with the majority of work to be within the South East of England. Our Ecology business comprises a highly skilled team focused on providing services to a wide range of clients, particularly infrastructure projects, developers, utility companies and the renewable energy and rural industries.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining ADAS, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track. We also want to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
Now is an excellent time to join ADAS if you want to work as part of a friendly, flexible and committed team and you can bring us your individual talent and a pro-active, can-do attitude!
- Undertaking baseline habitat survey, assessment and reporting
- Working alone and with our existing ecologists in the wider region to ensure quality projects are delivered on time to our clients
- Talking to our clients to ensure quality delivery of projects to deadlines
- Writing of technical reports ready for review by your colleagues, such as ecological constraints reports, Preliminary Ecological Appraisals, Ecological Impact Assessments, and protected species reports
- Supporting the team with business development and project management
- Graduate level education in a relevant subject
- Good working knowledge of ecology, legislation, and survey techniques, including protected species surveys and mitigation
- Previous ecology related experience
- Excellent written communication skills and be able to produce accurate technical reports to a professional standard
- A pro-active attitude to managing your own time, finding solutions and ensuring that work is delivered on time and to the required standards
- A full UK driving licence, access to your own vehicle and be commutable to our office
- CIEEM membership (desirable)
- Experience of Biodiversity Net Gain assessment and UKHAB (desirable)
- Strong botanical skills (e.g NVC, Condition Assessments) (desirable)
- Holds or working towards a protected species survey licence (e.g., Great Crested Newt, Hazel Dormice or Bats) (desirable)
Salary and Benefits
- £24,000 – £29,000 dependent on skills and experience
- Life assurance
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, health cash plan and discounted gym membership
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
More detailed job description attached
Working alongside landowners, farmers, and growers since 1946, we have been providing ideas, specialist knowledge, and solutions to secure our food and enhance the environment for over 75 years.
Our aim is to help address the challenges and opportunities faced by organisations working in food production and the natural environment, and we continue to thrive by attracting innovative thinkers into our workforce.
We currently have over 400 employees delivering solutions in 60 specialist subjects, making us the UK’s largest independent provider of agricultural and environmental consultancy, rural development services, research and development, and policy advice. Whether you want to work on national or international projects, we can provide a varied career in a wide array of industries and public sector services.
ADAS is part of the RSK Group, a leading integrated environmental, engineering, and technical services business providing dynamic, multidisciplinary services to a wide range of sectors. RSK was founded in 1989 and has grown considerably since then. In fact, Environment Analyst recently highlighted RSK’s growth commenting, “Few companies in the environmental services sector can claim to be expanding at the same pace as RSK.” Today, RSK Group consists of over 120 businesses and employs over 7,000 specialists. The group is headquartered in the United Kingdom and has an established presence in more than 40 countries around the world.