This listing has expired.
- Position: Full-time Permanent Ecologist
- Location: Based in Polmont near Falkirk, working throughout Scotland
- Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience, + benefits
Echoes Ecology was established in 2007 and operates across the whole of Scotland. We are looking for an Ecologist to join our experienced team and assist with a variety of project types including wind and solar farms, quarries, BREEAM developments, forestry, highways, railways and surveys for wildlife charities and trusts.
We pride ourselves in producing the highest standard of deliverables to clients and are proud of our reputation for excellence; it is because of our knowledgeable, professional and enthusiastic team that we can achieve this. All employees have regular close contact with senior members of staff including the Team Manager and Managing Director and so the team is close-knit and driven because of their feeling of involvement. As a company we also offer fantastic training opportunities both internally and externally to allow you to maintain Continuing Professional Development. The role would give you an excellent opportunity to further your career as an ecologist in a friendly and supportive atmosphere. For more details about Echoes Ecology please refer to our website www.echoesecology.co.uk.
Responsibility of this role would include:
- Planning and undertaking ecology surveys including Preliminary Ecological Appraisals, protected species surveys and ecological assessments as part of EIAs
- Ecological Clerk of Works duties
- Liaison with clients and contractors regarding ecological elements of a development
- Preparation of technical reports including mitigation and compensation strategies and proposals for ecological enhancements
- Licence applications and production of Species Protection Plans
- Data management and analysis, including mapping and bat sound analysis.
The following criteria are essential:
- Experience of working in ecological consultancy
- Associate membership (or higher) of CIEEM
- Working knowledge of Scottish wildlife legislation and ecological survey methodologies
- At least one NatureScot protected species licence, preferably for bats
- Strong reporting skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communicative, team-working and organisational skills
- Willingness to work outside normal office hours and away from home
- Full UK driving licence and access to a car which is insured for business purposes
We offer you:
- 24 days holiday plus eight days of public holiday per annum
- Use of company vehicles for most work-related travel
- Auto-enrolment into contributory pension
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance cover
- Training opportunities for Continued Professional Development
- Opportunities to discuss flexible working.
If you feel that you have the right qualities and experience to join our team then email your CV and cover letter to Laura Carter-Davis (Managing Director) firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agency enquiries will not be considered.
Closing Date: 09.05.2021 at 5pm
Interviews: week commencing 10.05.2021
Start Date: 14.06.2021 or ASAP