This listing has expired.
Ecologist/ Assistant Ecologist
Ecologist/ Assistant Ecologist
Bakerwell Limited are looking for an ecologist/assistant ecologist to join our team of consultants at our Kent and Sussex offices. The ideal candidate/s will have a degree in ecology, be a member of CIEEM, hold protected species licence/s and have experience of habitat and field surveys and the production of professional reports. Applicants should have their own vehicle and be prepared to travel.
To apply contact [email protected].
The successful candidate will:
Be passionate about ecology and conservation, be enthusiastic, creative, self-motivated and reliable, be confident working independently and be an inspiring member of our team.
- Be a core member of the Bakerwell team which is led by Directors Fiona Baker and Donna Popplewell.
- Organise and carrying out ecological surveys and produce a range of survey reports including habitat and protected species surveys, reports and licence applications.
- Produce survey mitigation and management plans
- Work in collaboration with the team to design effective species mitigation and ecological enhancement schemes.
- Liaise with organisations, site contractors and sub-contractors on behalf of Bakerwell Limited.
Skills & Qualifications
- A degree in ecology or a related subject Experience in a range of habitat and field surveys, analysing and interpreting data and writing professional reports.
- A good understanding of the planning process and of appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Applicants should have membership of CIEEM.
- Proven success of working in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work on multiple projects.
- Applicants will need to hold a UK driving licence, have their own vehicle, be prepared to travel to different sites and to work ecology survey hours.
- Protected species licence/s
- Experience in ecology within a consultancy environment.
- A valid CSCS card
- QGIS skills
What we offer
- Salary is competitive and negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
- 28 (including bank holidays) days annual leave
- All employees are invited to join our pension scheme
- Working week of 37.5 hrs with TOIL for out of hours surveys
- Friendly working environment
- Tailored training and mentoring program
Bakerwell Limited aim to be the consultancy of choice for our clients in the South, recognised for our commitment to providing a clearly communicated, bespoke and innovative approach. Bakerwell are building a team of staff that are engaged and passionate about the work they do and the clients they work with. We strive to be an exemplar ecological consultancy and have a diverse project portfolio resulting in high quality, biodiverse urban environments.
We undertake a wide range of ecological surveys across the South and occasionally further afield. We are a passionate, fun and flexible team with a strong work ethic. Our team work between two office bases in Kent and Sussex and meet regularly for training or collaborative work on larger projects.
Please send a CV, detailing relevant skills and experience and a cover letter to [email protected]