Studio Egret West is looking for an Ecologist & Regenerative Planting Specialist to join its practice in London.
Studio Egret West is an award winning, highly creative, Architecture, Urban Design and Landscape Practice located in Clerkenwell, London.
We have an expanding portfolio of UK and European projects and are currently seeking to hire a talented ecologist with a passion for integrated nature based systems and regenerative planting.
The ideal candidate will be qualified in landscape architecture, ecology or horticulture, and will have a breadth of knowledge about species, ecosystems and the specification and implementation of planting within urban areas. You will be knowledgeable about current trends and innovations in planting design and climate adapted planting.
Your focus will be to improve biodiversity across all of our projects through truly integrated biodiversity net gain and integrated building and landscape solutions.
We are looking for a confident specialist who is able to communicate and influence landscape architects and landscape led frameworks within a multi-disciplinary team.
We offer a collaborative working environment, with the opportunity to develop your knowledge and that of other disciplines within the studio.
- postgraduate degree/qualification in ecology
- fluency in English, coupled by great communication and coordination skills
- experience in designing and implementing planting and ecology features within urban ecosystems
- the ability to develop site wide biodiversity strategies
- experience preparing or inputting into biodiversity net gain assessments
- experience in preparing or inputting into urban greening factor calculations
- experience in working directly with clients and other consultants
- the ability to work effectively in large project teams within an international environment
- relevant software skills
- postgraduate degree in landscape architecture, horticulture or garden design
- experience in designing, procuring and overseeing the delivery of planting designs, including the ability to sketch/develop ideas on paper as well as digitally
- experience in producing site-specific ecology strategies, working in a European landscape architecture office with project experience in Europe and in the UK
- knowledge or experience of vertical landscapes, green walls and building integrated living systems
- experience working in urban and rural environments, large-scale park design, riverine and post-industrial landscapes
- knowledge of project management and site supervision
The role will come with a tax-free bonus scheme in line with the Employee Ownership regulation.
Studio Egret West is an Employee Owned Trust, which offers all members of the studio the opportunity to engage in the studio direction outside of their roles. The studio is a very sociable and inclusive place to work. Our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion is a fundamental part of our Charter. All candidates are treated fairly regardless of background, age, race, sex or disability.
The studio offers several benefits such as weekly yoga classes, social sporting events, regional and international studio trips, free breakfasts, enhanced parental leave and a variety of hybrid working benefit schemes.
To apply, please send your CV and Portfolio to Careers@egretwest.com