- Title: Ecologist
- Location: The Midlands
- Terms of Employment: Permanent, full-time position
- Salary: £22,000 – £30,000 (depending on skills and experience)
- How to Apply: CV and covering letter/ email to email@example.com
- Deadline: 15th December 2021
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Midland Ecology Limited is an established Ecology Consultancy providing a variety of high-quality ecology surveys and services to our clients in a timely manner across the Midlands. We work on a wide range of projects; from small residential extensions, to large multi-phase housing and national infrastructure projects.
Due to our increasing workload, we are looking to recruit an experienced motivated individual who is passionate about ecology to join the current team. This position will be a client-facing role in which you will have full project management of your own projects.
You will work on Preliminary Ecological Appraisals, Ecological Impact Assessments, bat surveys and other protected species surveys. You will collate and review survey results and write survey reports. In addition, you will be instrumental in assisting with new business opportunities as they arise such as biodiversity net gain assessments.
You must be committed, enthusiastic and reliable, with good attention to detail and concentration skills.
- A sound knowledge of British ecology; especially bats and other protected species
- Natural England bat survey licence
- Protected species survey experience; reptiles, GCN, badgers, bats – licences advantageous
- Experience undertaking bat emergence/re-entry surveys
- Plant identification skills
- MS Office skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Motivated to work both independently and in a team; in remote locations and during unsociable hours
- UK driving licence and vehicle; for site visits across the Midlands
- Ability to work from home and the office
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Degree in ecology or related discipline
- CIEEM membership
- Experience within an ecological consultancy environment
- Experience conducting Phase 1 / PEA
- Experience analysing and interpreting data
- Bat sonogram analysis experience
- QGIS experience
- CSCS card
- First Aid qualification
- Competitive salary (£22K-£30K depending on experience)
- Car Allowance and mileage
- Flexible working
- Bespoke Training Budget
- Contributory pension
- Annual leave
- Equipment and PPE
- Friendly working environment
As a consultancy we can offer the opportunity and support to develop within this role and are committed to helping you progress your career throughout your employment with us.
To apply, e-mail email@example.com. Include your CV/experience, start date availability and salary expectations. (Applications will also be considered for candidates looking for a seasonal position March-October).