This listing has expired.
NHBS is looking for an Ecology Account Manager to join our busy Sales & Marketing team in our office in Totnes. You will act as Account Manager for our biggest customers (spanning ecological professionals, university researchers, conservation NGOs, field workers, construction companies and libraries), make regular sales trips and represent NHBS at ecological conferences in the UK and across Europe.
A background in sales is not required but an enthusiasm for nature and NHBS products is key. You will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as on the job mentoring from your manager. Once trained you will understand each part of the business so that you can best advise customers and nurture relationships.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Building relationships with existing and potential customers
- Using the company CRM application – Netsuite – to keep track of customer quotations, orders and queries
- Working alongside our Customer Services team to make sure our customers receive the very best service
- Visiting existing and potential customers, selling the brand of NHBS
- Proactively building great relationships with potential customers
- Learning how to use key equipment and demonstrating and presenting products for customers
- Attending conferences, networking with attendees
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Confident networking skills
- Great planning and organisation skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Interest or background in ecology and conservation
- Decisive personality and ability to make quick decisions
- A passion for travel and a willingness to travel by train rather than air in Europe.
- An ability to think strategically and generate new ideas
- Strong English verbal and writing skills
- A second major European language in addition to English is desirable
Our offer to you
The successful candidate will be joining a diverse and friendly workforce of 58 staff.
This permanent position is available immediately. Salary will depend on experience, working a 37.5-hour week, with the position attracting 28 days holiday p.a including bank holidays, up to three paid days of conservation volunteering p.a., and a generous company pension.
How to apply
To be considered for this position, please send a cover letter with your CV by the 31st July 2021 to Natalie Mawson, Sales & Marketing Manager at email@example.com. *Please note, this job is not remote.
Founded in 1985, NHBS Ltd (www.nhbs.com) is a world leader in supplying natural history, ecology and conservation books and ecological survey equipment to institutions, retailers, companies, and private customers around the world. In addition to the retail business, NHBS manufactures equipment in an on-site workshop and publishes two magazines. NHBS is passionate about making a positive environmental impact – our core purpose is to support those who work to understand, protect and conserve the natural environment.