NHBS is looking for an Ecology Content Writer/Editor to join our Marketing team in Totnes and who will report to the Marketing Coordinator. This role will be based within our office in Totnes.
Our ideal candidate will have a talent for writing, great proof-reading skills and a good knowledge of natural history and ecology. A large proportion of this job will be writing high quality text – blog posts, emails, item descriptions, magazine adverts and catalogue copy – as well as proof-reading the work of others. In any given week our adverts run in magazines, our emails reach thousands of customers and our printed fliers, catalogues and newsletters land on hundreds of doormats.
The Ecology Content Writer/Editor plays a key role in producing this material for NHBS, but there will also be opportunities to work alongside our busy publishing team, helping to prepare our magazines ‘British Wildlife’ and ‘Conservation Land Management’.
As Ecology Content Writer / Editor some of your responsibilities will be:
- Writing high quality interesting and informative copy about the products and services offered by NHBS
- Proof-reading and editing marketing copy
- Assisting with production of the different strands of our marketing campaigns (emails, fliers, print catalogues, print advertising, online advertising and website campaigns)
- Assisting our magazine team with editorial tasks
- Writing blog posts and formulating author interview questions
- Writing content for and helping to organise the production of our printed catalogues
- Understanding our customer base and writing varied content to suit
- Outstanding writing and proof-reading skills
- A demonstrated interest in and knowledge of ecology and conservation
- A common-sense approach, critical thinking and a willingness to learn new skills
- A passion for writing and love of the English language
- Ability to modify writing style based upon end user
Our offer to you:
The successful candidate will be joining a diverse and friendly workforce of over 50 staff.
This permanent position is available immediately. Salary: £20,000 – £21,500 (depending on experience), based on a 37.5-hour week Monday – Friday, with the position attracting 28 days holiday p.a including bank holidays, up to three paid days of conservation volunteering p.a., and a generous company pension.
How to apply:
To be considered for this position, please send a cover letter with your CV by 14th May 2021 to Natalie Mawson, Head of Sales & Marketing, email@example.com.
Founded in 1985, NHBS Ltd (www.nhbs.com) is a world leader in supplying natural history, ecology and conservation books and ecological survey equipment to institutions, retailers, companies, and private customers around the world. In addition to the retail business, NHBS manufactures equipment in an on-site workshop and publishes two magazines. NHBS is passionate about making a positive environmental impact – our core purpose is to support those who work to understand, protect and conserve the natural environment.