Aspect Ecology have an excellent opportunity for a Graphics Technician to join the in-house graphics team.
The principle role of the Graphics Technician is to support the ecology team by providing drawings and graphics as required for client projects. The majority of the workload involves preparation of standard plans and graphics that accompany most of our reports, including:
- Site Location Plans – based on scanned Ordnance Survey maps of the area
- Ecological Designations Plans – also based on OS mapping, and using information from online sources and data received from local records centres
- Habitats and Features Plans – a detailed plan showing the different habitats and ecological features on a site
- Photograph sheets – collating photographs from site surveys conducted by ecologists
- Other examples of the graphics workload include:
- Creating a number of plans to accompany a Bat Licence, including plans illustrating the locations of surveyors, bat roosts and other survey findings.
- Breeding bird survey plans – detailed plans to depict the number of bird species found at a site and their categories of conservation importance.
- Ecological Enhancements plans – to highlight the ecological benefits of the proposed
- Presentation boards – designed for specific sites that require public exhibitions.
The Graphics Technician would work alongside the Senior Graphics Technician, who is able to provide supervision and training as required, and the Graphic Team benefits from line management from our Associate Director.
- Produce accurate and high quality professional plans to budget and deadline using Corel Draw and AutoCAD, and other Graphics as and when required.
- Assist in desktop studies and data searches
- Assist with general I.T. matters across the company
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the company website
- Liaise/communicate effectively with colleagues
- Ability to follow instructions/briefs with a high level of attention to detail
- Able to prioritise work
- Ability to multitask
- Work to tight deadlines, sometimes last minute
- Work under pressure
- Work efficiently to budget
- Manage own workload
- T. skills
- Creative flair and ability to present information in a visually attractive way
- A team player with a friendly and pleasant personality
- Previous experience of Corel Draw, AutoCAD, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office
- Photo editing and manipulation skills
- Knowledge of WordPress, web hosting and domain management
- Advanced I.T. skills / Helpdesk experience
- Data storage management / backup experience
Portfolio required on application.
To apply, please download and complete an application form from our website and submit it with a CV and covering letter to the address below.
In the first instance, please email your CV to: email@example.com