Thomson environmental consultants: The independent, employee-owned consultancy, chosen by successful clients, admired by competitors, and the place to work preferred by top specialists.
With offices across the UK, our experts are committed to delivering our clients exceptional outcomes across a range of environmental services and ecological contracting.
Our services include but are not limited to: terrestrial ecology, freshwater ecology, marine ecology, habitat management, arboricultural services, geospatial and data management, environmental impact assessments.
Our people make us who we are; we are commercial but not corporate, guided by our values of Respect, Integrity, Support and Excellence. Career growth and development is highly valued at Thomson, and we nurture talent, leading to rapid career-progression opportunities. Our people benefit from access to a diverse range of industry-accredited external trainings, as well as in-house training opportunities led by our specialists. The variety of projects we deliver across the breadth of environmental services encourages cross-team working and collaboration.
Do you have previous Ecology experience but no longer enjoy the field-based work, the unsociable hours, or the extensive working away from home? If this sounds familiar, we would like to hear from you.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone who is highly organised and an excellent communicator that has a passion for ecology/environmental work, and prefers standard Monday to Friday working hours.
Reporting to the Resourcing Manager, the Resourcing Coordinator is responsible for resolving staff resourcing requirements on our key ecology projects. This role requires an ability to work at pace and under pressure, to prioritise and problem solve effectively. Thomson’s technical staff work on a diverse range of environmental projects across the UK, so a background in environmental services, particularly ecology, is advantageous,
Some key responsibilities include:
- Proactively supporting the Resourcing Manager with efficiently resourcing both full-time and casual staff to client projects in line with project requirements, budgets and company vision across a wide range of projects.
- Actively supporting and promoting a safe working environment for all staff through strategic resourcing that always considers team safety.
- Helping to develop new resourcing processes and systems to suit our expanding business.
- You will be actively involved in attending regular meetings with the terrestrial ecology team and your manager to support their resourcing needs.
- Providing positive, organised, and efficient support to the ecology teams going out in the field.
- You will provide additional support to the wider team in other areas as priorities shift throughout the season, and as agreed with your line manager. Examples include but are not limited to, business operations, facilities support and equipment and asset management.
- Having an active input in driving innovation and new technology in the company.
The successful candidate will
- Have a background in Ecology or environmental services
- Be a strong communicator and able to engage with a variety of stakeholders
- Be organised, efficient, able to work under pressure
- Be computer literate with experience using MS Office products (primarily Word and Excel)
- Be flexible and happy to go the extra mile when required, and willing to explore tasks outside their comfort zone
- Have an interest in the natural world
Ideally you’ll also
- have some experience of resourcing management
The role will be based out of our Guildford Head Office, so the successful candidate should live within a commutable distance.
As an Employee-Owned Trust, all Thomson employees have a stake in the business. An EOT model is a way to transfer future ownership of a company to its people – minimizing the chance of cultural or commercial disruptions. As a rapidly growing company, Thomson employees will reap the rewards, including performance-related annual bonuses. We’re proud of this unique opportunity to our people which makes us stand out in the environmental consultancy world.
You’ll enjoy all the benefits we have to offer, including EOT approved bonuses (after a qualifying period), a rewarding varied role, 25 days annual leave, flexible working, regular social events and great training.