Are you passionate about nature and education? Are you interested in connecting people with nature? Nature NB is looking for an Education Assistant!
Based in Fredericton
Full time position
40 hours per week, with occasional weekends and evenings
Anticipated Start Date: October 25, 2021
About the Position
Nature NB is seeking an Education Assistant to do educational outreach focused on New Brunswick biodiversity.
- Develop and deliver programs about nature/environment;
- Assist in developing educational materials for teachers/educators;
- Assist in planning and coordinating outreach across the province;
- Lead or assist with citizen science programs;
- Promote community NatureKids clubs across the province and support volunteers;
- Communicate and collaborate with partner organizations and volunteers.
The successful candidate will demonstrate leadership and work well as part of a team. They will enjoy working outdoors and interacting with children and the public.
- Experience in one or more of the following: working with groups of children, public outreach, nature and/or conservation;
- Ability to communicate easily in English and French;
- Comfort with public speaking;
- Familiarity with standard office software (e.g. office suite, e-mail, internet browser, conferencing software);
- Valid driver’s license.
- Experience in program development;
- Experience in event planning;
- Educational background in education or in natural sciences (e.g. biology, forestry);
- Experience managing a business page on Facebook or Instagram.
Proof of vaccination against Covid-19 and Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector checks will be required for the selected candidate as this position involves working in schools.
Please send your résumé to Melissa Fulton at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Application deadline: Applications will remain open until the position is filled.