World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world’s leading conservation organization, seeks an Education Content Intern to support WWF’s Wild Classroom team inspire, engage and increase the environmental literacy of children along with raising awareness for WWF’s conservation priorities.
This position will play an active role in the development and distribution of educational materials and implementation of tactics to help the Wild Classroom team meet their programmatic goals.
- Help to develop creative and engaging content for educational program and events.
- Support the development and implementation of communication tactics to promote the Wild Classroom program including regular updates to the website, social media, online marketing and other WWF communication channels.
- Support the day-to-day activities for the Wild Classroom program including assisting with communication and outreach to the Wild Classroom community
- Work directly with members of the marketing and communication teams along with program teams to provide overall assistance for Wild Classroom program.
- Assist with tracking, statistics and other program analytics and create reports on educational programs and projects as needed.
- Preform other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will be highly organized with excellent communication skills and is interested in education and conservation.
- Current enrollment or a completed Bachelor’s degree. No specific major required, but someone with education, communications, or other background related to the position a plus.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Skilled with Microsoft Office tools; familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite appreciated
- Knowledge of social media channels and experience building stories across multiple channels
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Self-starter who can work independently or as a team
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous projects
- Stellar attention to detail
- A commitment to the mission, goals and values of WWF
- Full-time (35 hours per week) for 3 months and opportunity to extend up to a year.
Washington, DC – Working Remotely
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #IN-21043
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.
* Please note that WWF does not provide VISA sponsorship to interns