This listing has expired.
Established in 2007, Kupu empowers future generations to create a more sustainable, pono Hawai’i. We provide hands-on training programs that educate and mentor youth to become stewards of our culture and environment, helping them develop a strong connection to the place in which we live. In doing so, we strive to fulfill our mission to empower youth to serve their communities through character-building, service-learning, and environmental stewardship opportunities that encourage pono (integrity) with Ke Akua (God), self, and others.
- Earn up to a $1,600 monthly living allowance (subject to taxes) and a $6,095 Education Award (similar to a scholarship) towards higher education
- Opportunity for interest earned on certain educational loans (during the program term) to be paid for by AmeriCorps
- Complete over 1700 hours of environmental community service
- Health care and childcare benefits (if eligible)
- Receive hands-on environmental education, leadership training, CPR/1st Aid training, and valuable life skills
- Network with mentors in the conservation and education fields
- Serve as a positive role model and mentor to youth
- Help protect Hawaii’s natural resources and make a positive impact in your community!
- Complete the Online Application
Please read ALL instructions and answer questions to the best of your ability. Application must be received by the deadline.
- Submit 2 Letters of Recommendation
Applicants must have two letters of recommendation by the deadline. References must be non-relatives.